Thrik

What's going on with your life?

So I finally did it.

I resigned a week after coming back from Canada and last Monday I moved in with my girlfriend.

It was risky to move without having the safety of a new job, but I decided to go for it to force myself to do better.

I hope I can soon find at least an easy job with set routine, 9-5 or the likes - eg admin, just so I have free time to spend developing game dev skills, which I wasn’t managing with my random shifts. In theory that was getting better, as I got promoted to Manager position and we were finally sorting the staff, but that could have changed in a snap and the whole long distance was just stressful. It’s been too long and need to see if we really work as a couple, can only do that by sharing a place.

Per aspera ad astra!

Edited by blackdog

Well Im broke AF now , No job , No Money, No girlfriend in a country where Suicide rate is highest in the world, Alchoholism as well somewhere in top 5, Thanks god Im having where to stay, No suicide thoughts yet(I hope I will never have them), Dont use alchohol as well :) , Im still positive because whats left from here? Only to climb up :) 

Ahh yeah I forgot, Goverment decided to make painkilers as a prescribed drugs too :D

Edited by zizulot

I finally landed that job I wanted. Or a ~13 month mat. leave position anyway. Really happy to be back in a structure daily life. Can't complain much.

Also met a nice woman. Shes smart and cool, doesn't seem like anyone Tisky would fall for so I think I'm safe.

Hey gang. Just got back from my honeymoon in New Zealand. Loved it. 3 weeks of fast-paced bliss and adventuring. A lot of nature photos taken for source materials and I feel rejuvenated to tackle 3D projects again. :D

On 2017-12-04 at 6:52 PM, Sigma said:

Hey gang. Just got back from my honeymoon in New Zealand. Loved it. 3 weeks of fast-paced bliss and adventuring. A lot of nature photos taken for source materials and I feel rejuvenated to tackle 3D projects again. :D

Awesome, I will go to New Zealand somwhere in my lifespan for sure

I've started a new job Tuesday.

Junior Technical Project Manager in the web department a publishing company.

Hopefully this means I won't have to clean a room or wash plates ever again... but I'm very bummed by the commute. Had to buy a car, which I was trying to avoid, and it's not 50 min like Google was saying, but 1h 20m. Tiring, "dangerous" and costy. Since I'm still getting contacted by agencies for jobs will definitely stay on the look out.

I also got in contact with a game developer and designing a logo for his game engine.

Edited by blackdog

Been isolated from friends and females for months. Kinda like it. Gonna go to the dentist for the first time in 10 years next week (even tho i cant afford it). 

Car broke down again. I havent stayed positive like this Forever and Im afraid Im positive because Deep down i know Im fucked.

I wish i could hit reset.

1 hour ago, Tisky said:

Been isolated from friends and females for months. Kinda like it. Gonna go to the dentist for the first time in 10 years next week (even tho i cant afford it). 

Car broke down again. I havent stayed positive like this Forever and Im afraid Im positive because Deep down i know Im fucked.

I wish i could hit reset.

You can, today.

May I recommend a book?
https://www.audible.com/pd/Science-Technology/12-Rules-for-Life-Audiobook/B0797YBP7N

11 hours ago, [HP] said:

My problem is debt, so , i can't really do anything about that. When my ex left me i had to sell the house when it was a rough time, so i had to sell it for less than it was worth. So, if anyone knows a magic way of reseting debts plz let me know :D

42 minutes ago, Tisky said:

My problem is debt, so , i can't really do anything about that. When my ex left me i had to sell the house when it was a rough time, so i had to sell it for less than it was worth. So, if anyone knows a magic way of reseting debts plz let me know :D

Bitcoin. 

No, in all seriousness I wouldn't know. The only thing that comes to my mind is to do bookkeeping. I write down all my expenses in a spreadsheet and calculate monthly averages of food, sports, etc. Even if something costs 1 cent, I write it down. It's a good way to consciously decrease your spending and save money. So if you're not doing that already, please do.

For instance back in high school there were so many people who bought some food or drinks from a vending machine. That means €1 a pop, 5 days a week, for a school year. That comes down to €200 each school year on redundant shitty food or drinks. And that's a conservative estimate. I'm confident that number is a lot higher for the average lot. It's so dangerous because €1 doesn't seem like anything in the moment, but when you add all those little expenses...

Edited by Blackadder