Thrik

What's going on with your life?

I used to be really against walkthroughs and guides. I considered it cheating and I despise that (unless you've finished the game and want to mess around). But the older I get the more I rely on them. I just don't have the patience or time anymore to be stuck in room for 10 minutes or spend an hour trying to beat a boss. I love a game like Bloodborne and I try to get as far on my own as possible, but eventually I keep my laptop handy because.....

giphy.gif

9 hours ago, Sprony said:

I used to be really against walkthroughs and guides. I considered it cheating and I despise that (unless you've finished the game and want to mess around). But the older I get the more I rely on them. I just don't have the patience or time anymore to be stuck in room for 10 minutes or spend an hour trying to beat a boss. I love a game like Bloodborne and I try to get as far on my own as possible, but eventually I keep my laptop handy because.....

giphy.gif

I started relying on guides to get achievements, in particular on batman games. I got very far on my own, seeing something like "87/100 Riddles solved" was too annoying. Then in each game they increased the number of side-activities that I grow more impatient as well.

The bulk of the game though, the main story, is something I have been able to solve by myself. I'm pretty stubborn on these things and I can easily spend quite some time on a boss just to get through. I was very annoyed with Doom's since I had to put it down as I couldn't take it anymore, next time I play I manage to get through (in 20 min) and the game is finished.

For the past 7 weeks there's a cobweb on the left mirror of my car. Doesn't matter how many times I remove it or clean it with high pressured water, the next morning it's there again. I started admiring the spider's perseverance, so I decided not to remove it anymore. Now that it feels safe it dares to show itself. It's like having someone riding shotgun with me to work and back. I named it Arach since I don't know it's gender and we're friends now. Even gave it a bro fist this morning.

So I just came back from a 4 day trip to Montreal and wow. I know I might be in the romance period right now but Montreal is WAY better than Vancouver. Way more stuff to do, better community, rent is more than 50% cheaper and has tons of places available, food is cheaper and much better, they don't have stupid laws preventing you from opening a bar with arcade machines, transit system is way way way better, tons of sponsored art and theatrics all over the city, I could go on and on. 

The only problem seems to be the -40 celsius winters. Unfortunately that's a pretty big caveat haha.

3 hours ago, AlexM said:

So I just came back from a 4 day trip to Montreal and wow. I know I might be in the romance period right now but Montreal is WAY better than Vancouver. Way more stuff to do, better community, rent is more than 50% cheaper and has tons of places available, food is cheaper and much better, they don't have stupid laws preventing you from opening a bar with arcade machines, transit system is way way way better, tons of sponsored art and theatrics all over the city, I could go on and on. 

The only problem seems to be the -40 celsius winters. Unfortunately that's a pretty big caveat haha.

I should move to Canada. Sounds like Sweden but better.

Yo everyone, I've been working for almost two months now at Ubisoft Annecy and it's been really cool so far! The team is great, the project is cool, there are plenty of awesome stuff to produce, and Oh god! it feels good to be on a project with a strong creative direction and a proper workflow. The city is (expensive) very pretty, next to a lake and mountains. Plenty of activities to do here! Just need a bae and more money to have a perfect life ^^ I even tried canyoning, planing to the paraglide and that kind of stuff. 

Btw, I'm currently working on this => 

For those who'd be interested, the studio is still looking for people ! => https://careers.smartrecruiters.com/Ubisoft2

Even if I'm not replying, I'm still reading you all everyday ;) Love

Glad you're enjoying @TheOnlyDoubleF:) I think I already told you how jealous I am cos I noticed how beautiful town and area are. Best of luck with the job and maybe get a Hero camera so you can put together a reel of the adventures you will do around there

~

I reached vancouver after a 24h journey flying through Dallas, Seattle and then train up to BC... I was imagining to be more like this in terms of views/vistas :D but was still pretty and worth it. For the very little I could see, I love Seattle, how houses overlook the bay etc

Edited by blackdog

-6 kilos, but, today its beers with friends. My firat day off from workout and healthy diet in a month. Fuck Im about to get drunk and have a awesome night, i can only Hope you guys will have an awesome night also! 

Searching for an apartment in Zurich is really stressful! You have to be in the city and hotels are very expensive. And It's social selection at its finest. It's making me doubt my choice to study there!

Would anyone be in Zurich and ready to lease a couch ?

new hard drive for my pc, handy to replace the one my system has been warning me about for the past month.

Only now though did I check which hard drive was being considered in bad form, it was the one holding my OS. So my sunday night is just me cloning my operating system over the new hard drive.

Yay...

update

all went perfectly, which makes a massive difference from the usual 'everything breaks' situation.

Edited by Bastion