Bunglo's Flat Stuff n Shit

Bunglo

Thanks for the encouraging (and slightly disturbing) comments dudes. 

It's pretty cool discovering how much I enjoy studying the human figure through painting, and how much of it can carry over to art in general. Trying to work on pushing my values as well as studying old masters in their use of composition and color (I'm disturbingly bad at composition.) 

Don't hesitate to point something out if you think it'll help my understanding of art!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Thanks Sprony!

I'm pretty much just painting away and figuring out what works for me.

I'll read up on certain aspects of art, such as gesture drawing, composition, or whatever for a general overview, so I can try and understand what I should look for. I also look at videos of painting but that's mainly because I enjoy watching the process of others. 

Personally I steer clear of following tutorials or videos because I tend to turn all of that into rules instead of suggestions, which is what everything in art is, for the most part anyway.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 8 months later...