will2k

De_forlorn WIP

Looks great

1 hour ago, will2k said:

op5QL6N.jpg

Some issues I have are the follwoing:

The cliff texture looks odd. Very noisy and the colors I don't buy. Reduce the blacks I suggest and change the whites for a more orange color maybe.

Second, this texture here:

211fce191a.jpg

It looks a bit low ress compared to the rest. The shadows of it are also wrong. Notice how the sun cast a shadow from left to right, yet the line is lighted first, then the shadow, this gives the illusion of it being coming out, rather than being pushed in. I am guessing it's intended to be pushed in. I suggest that you flip the texture on the horizontal axis, or just have the normal map capture that light info.

Overall, looks sweet. Can;t wait to play on it!

14 hours ago, Motanum said:

Looks great

Some issues I have are the follwoing:

The cliff texture looks odd. Very noisy and the colors I don't buy. Reduce the blacks I suggest and change the whites for a more orange color maybe.

Second, this texture here:

211fce191a.jpg

It looks a bit low ress compared to the rest. The shadows of it are also wrong. Notice how the sun cast a shadow from left to right, yet the line is lighted first, then the shadow, this gives the illusion of it being coming out, rather than being pushed in. I am guessing it's intended to be pushed in. I suggest that you flip the texture on the horizontal axis, or just have the normal map capture that light info.

Overall, looks sweet. Can;t wait to play on it!

Thanks Motanum :)

The cliff texture is already being reconsidered as a friend of mine earlier pointed this issue too.

For the concrete texture, this is a stock CSGO texture from de_train (hr)

14 hours ago, Tynnyrimpi said:

How everyone tests your map?

The map will be publicly released very soon so you could play it and test it yourself. Stay tuned.

12 hours ago, Goatacus said:

66OfKFx.jpg

Thanks for the pic, more Half-Life never hurts :)

For CT spawn, it was loosely inspired by the first chapter of Opposing Force like in the below pic

of1a2.jpg

10 hours ago, blackdog said:

Love it <3

You getting into Black Mesa mapping afterwards.

Grazie Flavio :)

Indeed, and as I told you earlier, I am in the planning and preparation phase for a new map for Black Mesa :D

I'm still however deciding whether to go for a multiplayer deathmatch or a small single player map :interseting: