will2k

De_forlorn WIP

9 minutes ago, will2k said:

"Welcome to the H.E.V. mark IV protective system, for use in hazardous enviro... oh wait, wrong game :-D

c30pkqu.jpg

Friday bonus pic

ZuctNtW.jpg

I want to play that map so much. When will you finally release it? :D

1 hour ago, will2k said:

ZuctNtW.jpg

walls and roof are excellent. maybe you could make the hallway even more perfect if you would start experimenting with the floor. i think it doesnt fit 100%.

I would agree about the floor, in the sense that my first thought was that you have a trim on the ceiling but the floor looks like a slab… when it's usually the other way around (players look at the bottom part of the screen thing etc).

But looking closer I would say that the wall feels overdone. I feel those "columns" are unnecessary and stand out too much, they would make sense in a fully metal corridor, but not on concrete. Also the slanted joint with both ceiling and floor feels weird to me…I would do one or the other.

Also the light on the left in the second shot, it's just copy-pasted from the one on the right… you at least expect in a corridor to have lights positioned all the same, and I would say that they should be positioned perpendicularly to the corridor.

9 hours ago, Goatacus said:

Lookin pretty fresh

4 hours ago, sevin said:

That cable system in the 2nd shot looks neat. Is that a stock asset?

All the electrical wiring is stock props from the new Nuke. Mind you, they are modular props so be prepared for a tedious and time consuming work combining them together for the shape you like. But the end result will leave a grin on your face :)

27 minutes ago, Shibou said:

The one on the ceilling belongs to nuke, I am sure about the other one.

They are both from new Nuke :).

As I said above to sevin, these are modular props so you'll find a single straight cable of 4 units, 8, 16, 32, 64, 128, etc, double cables, corner cables, joints...all of different lengths. You just have to combine them in the shape you like taking into consideration the surrounding geometry.

Liking this as usual.
I'm sure it's something noticeable only in a screenshot, but in the second the metal supports are a bit weird as they join this very matte and flat bottom part of the wall. In particular the corner one is made of two supports, where in reality I'm pretty sure they would put a single support right in the corner. That little tip of yellow that pops ups is weird. Also using one brush would help reduce brush count which in specific is probably nothing but if similar things repeat all over the map... anyway it's just super nitpicking :v

On 6/28/2016 at 3:25 PM, blackdog said:

Liking this as usual.
I'm sure it's something noticeable only in a screenshot, but in the second the metal supports are a bit weird as they join this very matte and flat bottom part of the wall. In particular the corner one is made of two supports, where in reality I'm pretty sure they would put a single support right in the corner. That little tip of yellow that pops ups is weird. Also using one brush would help reduce brush count which in specific is probably nothing but if similar things repeat all over the map... anyway it's just super nitpicking :v

Your noticing has been noticed :v