De_forlorn WIP

will2k

4 hours ago, Squad said:

That picture somehow reminds me of the start of the We've got hostiles chapter :D 

1024-tree-hl1-wgh-20.jpg

Great work so far. When can we play(test) it? :)

The very first time when you encounter the HECU grunts...classic :)

Soon I guess for the playtest :D; still got some more or less major additions in T spawn and Mid to get out of the way

2 hours ago, jackophant said:

Nice :D we doing to get a sneaky headcrab noise as well? :P

maybe :D

1 hour ago, D3ads said:

" For God's sake, open the silo door! They're coming for us, it's our only way out!"

then you hear that dreadful beeping of the turret...and goodbye scientist :D

5 hours ago, blackdog said:

Maybe you said it sometime at the beginning but it's been so long... are these all custom textures you (or someone) made, are they from Black Mesa? I ask cos it kinda looks a bit crispier than that :)

Ciao Flavio :)

Most of the textures are stock CSGO textures from the new Nuke and Train; the rest is custom textures that I created for this map.

No assets from Black Mesa are used in this map (neither textures nor props).

The textures look crispier because Valve introduced some shader and lighting improvements in the last CSGO update as well as the textures themselves being hi-res (in Source's relative view anyway :D)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
3 hours ago, jackophant said:

I like! However may I suggest the above screenshot would look better with cooler lighting? Especially to compliment the blue paint detail and contrast with the warm outside light.

Hey Jack :) long time no see; hope all is good on your side

The whole map (indoor sections) has alternating cold blueish color with warm orangeish one...except for this tunnel :P. I guess this will change now.

And btw, the headcrab Easter egg (both visual and sound) is now implemented ;)

Thanks again buddy

15 hours ago, RealaxFourX said:

Hey.

Would it be possible to have a better look at de_forlorn? I can't find this level in workshop. When are you planning to upload it?

Thanks for your interest; the map is not publicly released yet. I don't have a fixed date for the release but it shouldn't be far off.

11 hours ago, Plat said:

I adore the look of this map! It looks awesome, doesn't look overly distracting, and nails the industrial theme really well. I can imagine this being very enjoyable to play. Can't wait for the full release if this is only beta 1!