will2k

De_forlorn WIP

Sorry for the lack of updates, I haven't been able to work on the map for the past 2 weeks; way too busy these days and I'm barely on Steam.

However, I caught a break yesterday evening and was able to work out most of the updates that were added on the to-do list after the 1st playtest.

I still have to implement 2 new major layout changes that I came up with to improve gameflow for Ts. Should be able to work on these on Saturday.

Hopefully, we will have alpha2 version very soon for a mapcore playtest.

Stay tuned :)

forlorn_alpha2 is ready :)

the map is scheduled for a mapcore test tomorrow tuesday May 27 at 9:00 pm GMT+1 (+2 for summer daylight time). Thanks to RZL for his support :)

Many changes happened in alpha2 taking care of all issues that were reported in alpha1 playtest on the core. I also added couple of new changes to better streamline gameplay.

Here's the changelog:

- Moved mid tunnel further to the right towards A so CT on catwalk don't have an unfair direct line of sight on T coming from this tunnel.

- Moved the vent in B next to metal door so CT cannot cover it easily with the main entrance (coming from T spawn).

- Added/improved cover spots in bombsite A, B and middle.

- Enlarged the window in B as well as made the wall half broken to further expose the defender behind and allow for more flash/grenades tactics through the window, and to allow a path from window room into lower B.

- Added some more cover in parking lot (near the 2 rusted cars) to eliminate chances of CT rushing from B shooting any trailing T still going to A in the back.

- Enlarged all windows to allow bigger space for peeking and grenades lobbing. Players behind these windows are now exposed from the waist up.

- Removed corridor-connector between T and car park.

- Added crates in CT spawn to soften the balcony jump.

New additions:

- Added new route from T-upper car park to mid via catwalk to balance CT on the other catwalk side and allow early catwalk access for T.

- Added new stair in T-A tunnels leading to new catwalk opposite the current one in A and allowing T to have early catwalk access in A.

- Fixed some visual glitches in circular twisted tunnel between CT-A

- Added more lights in strategical spots to enhance player readability.

Hope to see you all tomorrow in the playtest. thanks in advance :)

Thanks to everyone who joined the playtest today. although the number of players was low, the game was pretty tight.

Sorry I had to join spectators, but as in playtest 1, my ping was 120 and jumping higher causing me to see players shuffling and ghosting (my internet sucks :()

This time the game was more balanced with the match ending in the last round after a 7-7 tie.

Hopefully everyone enjoyed the game and don't forget to leave any feedback/comments you have in this thread.

Thanks again.

I received additional gameplay feedback from Volcano and work on beta1 should start soon.

I have also started creating the custom textures and I plan to have color specific textures to help separate and make each area easily identifiable.

post-31097-0-02074000-1402748208_thumb.j

different colors to visually separate CT/T areas

and I have been replaying some Opposing Force for some inspiration. The nostalgia is very high

post-31097-0-31545000-1402748314_thumb.j Op4 - crash site

Edited by will2k
The recent graphical update of mapcore screwed all the uploaded screenshots/thumbnails. I had to edit the links to make them appear again in the post.

You might want to avoid repainting valve textures like that, specifically because of how compressed they'll get once you recompress them. You're essentially compressing an already compressed texture.

Thanks for your comment.

These are simple hue variations of a small area of the stock texture.

Other textures will be derived from hi-res reference concrete/metal photos.

The moment when you first get the Deagle :D

true :)

it was one of the most effective weapons against those pesky black ops assassins; good times :D

Nice to see more old projects being revived :)

But pls use Imgur next time, pictures are not loading for me D:

images not loading, really? :???: I'm using mediafire and they are loading fine on my side. Maybe a hard refresh CTRL+F5 might help? or scripts blocked on your side?

To me this is one of those maps that feel familiar even the first time you see it!
I guess that just speaks to a strong and well developed theme. I'm super digging the nostalgic feel! 
Glad to see this one back in development :)

To me this is one of those maps that feel familiar even the first time you see it!
I guess that just speaks to a strong and well developed theme. I'm super digging the nostalgic feel! 
Glad to see this one back in development :)

Agreed, the theme is frikkin amazing.