borgking

[CS:GO] de_acceleration

Theme is nice :)

Do you plan on any layout changes after the latest playtest? I understand it has been simplified a lot apparantly since previous versions, but I still think it felt too complex. Lots of places in the map where you can go 3 or 4 ways.

Here's some feedback for the latest playtest:

• Assuming the tunnel is going to be open, I like the widened area. Iz gud!  :) Long narrow hallways are a bit too simple and hard to push.
  • CT's can push and take advantage of mid too easily. Flanks from mid were really easy during the last playtest. I don't think it'd be too much of an issue if you found a way to deter CT's from running out from mid for free (i.e. T's can throw smoke grenades over into mid, slow down the timing for CT's to mid, some kind of chokepoint, etc.)

i.e.:

rpQHi0p.jpg

Maybe add a way for T's to boost over the balcony at T spawn to get to mid faster? It also helps stop CT's from just smoking off the tight choke at the doorway and getting a lot of map control for free:

mCm0C7k.jpg

• It'd be nice to have more mobility at B to get from the ground to the balcony area. During playtests, I only saw people using the small staircase waaay back in the corner of the site. It funneled the action. If there were a bit more convenient ways to get up the red container, I think it'd be a nice addition. (Just my opinion though) :)
  • It's quite hard to push tunnel into B. Lots of hard angles:

lYpl1dQ.jpgG9qEZRn.jpgoisK56e.jpg

Technical issues:

• In general, there are areas that need to be clipped off.
  • Also, just a reminder that I think some staircases were causing the lag issue. I'd try clipping them off (and just make them "not solid" for extra measure) to see if that fixes it.

Here's some feedback for the latest playtest:

• Assuming the tunnel is going to be open, I like the widened area. Iz gud!  :) Long narrow hallways are a bit too simple and hard to push.
  • CT's can push and take advantage of mid too easily. Flanks from mid were really easy during the last playtest. I don't think it'd be too much of an issue if you found a way to deter CT's from running out from mid for free (i.e. T's can throw smoke grenades over into mid, slow down the timing for CT's to mid, some kind of chokepoint, etc.)

i.e.:

rpQHi0p.jpg

Maybe add a way for T's to boost over the balcony at T spawn to get to mid faster? It also helps stop CT's from just smoking off the tight choke at the doorway and getting a lot of map control for free:

mCm0C7k.jpg

• It'd be nice to have more mobility at B to get from the ground to the balcony area. During playtests, I only saw people using the small staircase waaay back in the corner of the site. It funneled the action. If there were a bit more convenient ways to get up the red container, I think it'd be a nice addition. (Just my opinion though) :)
  • It's quite hard to push tunnel into B. Lots of hard angles:

lYpl1dQ.jpgG9qEZRn.jpgoisK56e.jpg

Technical issues:

• In general, there are areas that need to be clipped off.
  • Also, just a reminder that I think some staircases were causing the lag issue. I'd try clipping them off (and just make them "not solid" for extra measure) to see if that fixes it.

I'm not the map developer, but nice feedback!

Just wanted to clarify some things.. It's not the stairs who cause the lag issue, either the map lacks nodraw-pass or just func_details.

Areaportals would be a good idea, as well as prop viewing distance.

I'm not the map developer, but nice feedback!

Just wanted to clarify some things.. It's not the stairs who cause the lag issue, either the map lacks nodraw-pass or just func_details.

Areaportals would be a good idea, as well as prop viewing distance.

It's not the typical lag we're talking about nor optimization issues with fps. The server lags up (you get a massive spike and sv shoots up to like 10000 m/s and you start getting packet loss/choke). It's the same kind of lag when you throw a grenade on 400 dropped weapons and the server has to calculate all the physics for them. Everyone in the server lags because of this.

The previous playtest, we noticed that whenever a player walked up on the prop staircases, the server lagged, so we assumed it had something to do with the collision of the staircase. We could be wrong though.  :???:

Edited by kinggambit

I want to add that because of player clips instead of the normal clip brush in your map your going to have NAV area in places bots can't actually get to - they will act strange and surly get stuck in places. Also if you depend on the nav for your deathmatch spawns this could spawn players out of map :)

Some feedback from the playtest yesterday:

I really like the main paths to a and b from both a ct and t perspective, there's plenty of interesting ways to fight and take cover.

I think there needs to be a way to get to the A plant site from the upper part of the bombsite without having to either jump over the railing or running out of the bombsite and back. Something like a staircase. I also think it would be great if there was a way to quickly get on the B plant site without having to jump over the railing, like an opening in the railing. Jumping and shooting isn't very fun in cs go

It would be great if there was a way to plant on B and be safe from the tunnel entries