'RZL

MapCore CS:GO Playtesting 4.0

I also submitted my map for play test. Hopefully, it will get approved. Yesterday I joined to  de_oakwood and de_mutrah. I was kinda surprised, that mapcore is organising only casual playtests. I was expecting more like 5v5 competititve match. Anyways, I would suggest to change it to competititve matches, because the main goal of the defusal and rescue maps is to be played at competitive level, and sadly, 10v10 is not the same as 5v5. Also it's worth mentioning, that enemy team can hear what other says, by this, not letting for players to do any strategies nor callouts. It limits the players. 

Personally, if we would do a 10v10 on my current map - cs_market, I doubt it would be anything good, because I made that map specifically for competitive gameplay in mind. The same goes to dust2, because CT could place 2 players in middle and about 5 on A site and 3 on B. It's very unrealistic and makes taking the sites very difficult, especially if players are in different skill.

Also, as I saw, there are plenty of good people, who would like to try out new maps. We could use it and just place a limit on only 5v5 at a map. On the next map, players could change and if there's still some free place in teams, previous map testers could take the place. 

Edited by RealaxFourX

I just downloaded my latest playtest demo. It seems to be corrupted or something. At least it doesn't work properly.

When I open it in demoui, it "connects to server" correctly and lets me watch the demo almost until end of warmup and then it says:

"Warning: cl_flushentitypacket, Update delta not found." at the upper right corner of the screen. Same time console foods with text "Update delta not found."

I also noted that the file is over 500MB. 

2 minutes ago, Drakeee said:

Can I update my submission to go from 29/3 to 31/3 ? I need a little time to update the T spawn 

Sure, I changed your date. Thanks for following the optional request.

Okay, my map just got declined from play testing, because "Not ready for playtesting yet. Please keep iterating on your map. Please go back to greyboxing the map and replacing most of the models with placeholder brushes. The brushwork overall is very crude and appears sloppy, please improve that as well." and maps like Oakwood, Mutrah, Aftermath passed just well. To be honest, the most ridiculous thing I have ever heard in years...And I didn't expect that type of an answer from RZL... This is what I wrote to him:

First of all, I want to advise the texturing misunderstanding. Overtime I have learned new painting skills and have realized that adding basic colors first is the best option as  this lets you see what is missing or needs to be improved for later development. I made the same thing in my map, added the basic textures, to see how my map will feel.  And as the reason, that my map does not reach the bare minimum in play testing requirements, as you stated the reason „Please go back to greyboxing the map and replacing most of the models with placeholder brushes.“ I‘m sorry, but I disagree. In previously confirmed maps, like Oakwood and Mutrah, there was many models, as in Oakwood trees and in Mutrah, boxes, cars. My map has only boxes, some pillars and vehicles and I changing them to „placeholder brushes“ Seems strange.  Also, re-texturing my map to bare grey colors only for playtesting seems unreasonable thing to do. As it will lose all it‘s colors and the feeling of the map will change dramatically. I do not see what is the difference if the walls are in bare grey or in normal dustish brick/sand texture and I highly doubt, that it somehow improves gameplay quality.

Another thing worth mentioning, is the layout of my map. All walls were placed in reasonable manner, as all of them have their role in gameplay. In real life, markets are not always so orderly placed only with 90 and 45 degrees rotations or corners. Simplifying the layout changes the times, removes a lot of cover for players also makes some parts of the map dull. Maps like oakwood had a lot of displacements oddly shaped (to be more similar to rock), I do not seem to understand, why walls, shaped like an old marketplace seems as  „very crude“ and appears „sloppy“.  All brushes there made as simplistic as possible, so I could change them faster if something was wrong with the gameplay, but as cs_market had about 9 competitive high ranked (mostly eagles, supremes and globals) matches and those walls did not make any discomfort for any players. In the start, there was a lack of cover, but later on by adding additional markets, it got improved. I made some walls straight to make smoking and other grenade usage more easier, also it is easier for source engine to handle straight walls on grid and I am fully aware of that.

As for radar, was even a bigger misunderstanding. After a lot of thought, I decided to change my file name from cs_market to cs_market_v0.12, but I forgot, that it will mislead the system. So I had to change it to cs_market_v012 and it worked.  After I updated, I forgot, that I had to also update the cubemaps and I also renamed the market files, so they would appear in workshop version. All this time, radar was always on cs_market, except those 5 minutes, then I was changing the file names to fit this statement „The filename has a proper suffix (e.g. "_v03")“. I am aware and sorry, that I did it a bit late. But in my opinion, it is not a thing to worry about.

And here is his reply: http://prntscr.com/al4ra7 "looks like we are at a disagreement here. I will not reconsider cs_market as a valid submission in it's current state" and "surprisingly", his argument is empty and not even connecting to what he wrote in the reasons why my map was declined. Well, what can I add. I was expecting something better from mapcore, I really did...

19 minutes ago, 1488 said:

lmao dude you got owned

Not owned, just ignored and rejected without any reason. Probably he didn't like me. That's the most logical explanation to it. :) Well, I'm happy to know, what the head of administration is judging maps by his feeling, rather than a constructive criticism. He can't even reply as a normal human would do. Anyways, sorry, everyone, that I am trying to search for any justice. Keep glowing in dark, dear mapcore.

does anyone else trying to give you feedback also get 5 paragraphs with bolding? fucking christ...

RZL can be a little short in his replies but that's just because english isn't his first language- he does know what he's talking about though, I'd take onboard his advice or end up on the pile of maps that never went anywhere.

Edited by Vaya

1 minute ago, 1488 said:

I don't think you read what others said either. Your map has quite a few flaws, and instead of accepting that and going back to the drawing board you've decided to argue with others and try to bash other people's maps. People here are trying to help you, but you're not respecting them or taking what they say into account. Your map has many problems, as others have already pointed out. This is a community filled with many experienced mappers and their goal is to help you, not abuse you or be unjust. This is probably your first map, and it has a lot of work to be done on it, so instead of arguging and getting super upset, try to listen to others that know more than you.

I'm thankful, to everyone, who tries to help. But actually, the only one, who wrote about my map was Plat, and RZL only in the status 1. RZL, suggested to remove all the models, change to the same brushes instead of models. Also, re-texture my map to bare grey box, as if it would change anything. Just spend like a few hours and achieve nothing, only worse results in the end. As for layout,I made it then I didn't know anything about source engine, but I'm simplifying it. Just that optimization is fighting against the gameplay and visuals. Also, vvis does a poor job, that adds up a lot of work. Also, those visuals mistakes from the source engine itself. No wonder, an old engine. But I will keep working on my map.

16 minutes ago, RealaxFourX said:

I'm thankful, to everyone, who tries to help. But actually, the only one, who wrote about my map was Plat, and RZL only in the status 1. RZL, suggested to remove all the models, change to the same brushes instead of models. Also, re-texture my map to bare grey box, as if it would change anything. Just spend like a few hours and achieve nothing, only worse results in the end. As for layout,I made it then I didn't know anything about source engine, but I'm simplifying it. Just that optimization is fighting against the gameplay and visuals. Also, vvis does a poor job, that adds up a lot of work. Also, those visuals mistakes from the source engine itself. No wonder, an old engine. But I will keep working on my map.

honestly after looking at your map I agree with RZL. you wouldn't be losing much by converting to greybox. The brushwork is super weird in areas..

4 hours ago, Dosentti said:

I just downloaded my latest playtest demo. It seems to be corrupted or something. At least it doesn't work properly.

When I open it in demoui, it "connects to server" correctly and lets me watch the demo almost until end of warmup and then it says:

"Warning: cl_flushentitypacket, Update delta not found." at the upper right corner of the screen. Same time console foods with text "Update delta not found."

I also noted that the file is over 500MB. 

Sorry about the corrupted file, seems to happen sometimes unfortunately. I know of no way to solve this problem :/

And yeah, I noticed the terribly large filesize and >90% of it would be an empty server, because the recording didn't seem to stop after everyone left. I'll try to prevent this from happening again, maybe it also reduces the chances of corruption.

3 minutes ago, 'RZL said:

Sorry about the corrupted file, seems to happen sometimes unfortunately. I know of no way to solve this problem :/

And yeah, I noticed the terribly large filesize and >90% of it would be an empty server, because the recording didn't seem to stop after everyone left. I'll try to prevent this from happening again, maybe it also reduces the chances of corruption.

Aight, it's ok. There wasn't much (negative) feedback in the comment feed and and I think I know pretty much all comments where they were and what they meant so it's not so important for me. I was just notifying in case it's something with new server that needs more attention :)

Keep up the good work!