'RZL

MapCore CS:GO Playtesting 4.0

Yes the heatmaps just looked cool thats why I was asking, thanks for the answers. How fast can i expect these files to be ready for download? I am leaving town tomorrow and would love to see the playtest from other perspectives.

From what I can see in the submissions that made it into the schedule, they all seem to be detailed.  Is this what the mods mean when they say that my map is, "not ready to be playtested"?  Why should I spend all the time and effort to detail the map if serious changes need to be made to the layout?  Anybody who's tried to change the layout of a detailed map will tell you how easy that is...

We playtest graybox maps all the time. I imagine if the mods say it's not ready, it might be due to one or multiple of the following:

• There's no radar
  • There are missing textures/props (i.e. not correctly packed in to the BSP)
  • There are too many exploits (unclipped boosts, or ways out of the map)
  • There aren't enough player spawns
  • There are missing gameplay elements, such as buyzones or bomb sites
  • There's some sort of glaringly obvious design flaw, like the T's spawn in the bombsite, or it's just a big killbox, or it's a maze
  • It's poorly optimized and therefore doesn't run well on the mod's PC

We playtest graybox maps all the time. I imagine if the mods say it's not ready, it might be due to one or multiple of the following:

[SNIP]

That is true, but in this case it is not ready for a playtest, because the mapcore thread is poorly maintained and the workshop link had only one tiny preview image at the time of submission. Besides, he asked for a 10-man playtest, which we don't offer and chose an invalid date. Now he's even being rude on his mapcore thread...

The map has been declined before and judging from the new screenshots it doesn't look like it improved.

@Bozocow, please update your mapcore thread, gather some feedback and don't be rude before submitting another time.

The map has no design flaws...

I didn't ask him for a critique...

But I don't understand why..

Just some friendly advice.

When you start a sentence with "The map has no design flaws", it comes of as arrogant. People will feel less motivated to check it out. Combine that with a lack of screenshots or information and you are not giving them any incentive to actually want to play it. You say it was meant for friends, which is fine, but don't share it here if that wasn't your intention in the first place. You say "I didn't ask him for a critique", however, as soon as you post something for all to see, you've already asked for critique. Seeing your responses in this thread and your own, I can only conclude that you are not really that open to constructive feedback. Factor in the appearance of arrogance, lack of effort, defensiveness and it's not difficult to understand why people think you come across as rude.

if nothing is suitable then the playtest doesn't go ahead

Sometimes in the past RZL has put on popular workshop maps etc when only one slot was filled but if there's literally no maps worth testing there's probably something more constructive we could be using the time for :)

Could you add logs and demos from the pavilion playtest to the drive? I would like the feedback to the map along with making heatmaps from the demo.

Logfiles and demo are up now. @P1g3oN, for you as well.

I made a playtest request, I hope my map gets finally chosen :)

it is more of a first come, first served. It seems that you have a bit of trouble to have the map into all criterions for playtest. If you want some help, do ask for help, I've had some troubles at first too! :)