MapCore CS:GO Playtesting 4.0

'RZL

I just tried the version I uploaded to dropbox and it works fine. Any idea what else might have caused it to crash for you, but not for me?

I just tried it, it crashed for me as well. Try to compile your map and pack it again. Take special care of your packing as there is a higher chance that's the cause. It most likely works for you because you also have the original files in your csgo directory.

Edited by 'RZL

PSA: I made some little changes to the playtest settings to comply with the matchmaking timers and to improve the playtest experience.

• Roundtime is now 1:55 (2:00 before)
  • Bombtimer is now 0:40 (0:45 before)
  • Warmuptime is now 5:00 (7:00 before)
  • Amount of restarts is now 3 (4 before)
  • Holiday Freezecam Effect should be deactivated now
  • 'RZL is now permanently in God Mode to balance the teams (in his favor)
Edited by 'RZL

• 2 weeks later...

If my map is still greyboxed and not detailed, but the layout is set and most of the basic principles of the map are there, can I submit it for a test then?

A map doesn't have to be detailed to be tested. You need:

-At least 10 spawns per team
-Basic optimization so it runs on every PC
-Working Radar
-Custom content packed
-Basic clipping

Basically it just has to be in a playable state so valuable testing is possible.

Edited by El_Exodus

A map doesn't have to be detailed to be tested. You need:

-10 spawns per team
-Basic optimization so it runs on every PC
-Working Radar
-Custom content packed
-Basic clipping

Basically it just has to be in a playable state so valuable testing is possible.

Well it has spawns, I know how to make a working radar and how to pack the custom content.

For optimization i'm not so sure. I've never looked into that, but I guess while the map is still quite simple it doesn't need much optimization.

About the clipping:

I clipped some spots where you should get over while jumping on your own.
I clipped spots where the bomb would get stuck.
But there are spots (walls) where you can boost ur friend on or throw the bomb over.

If a player has some common sense, he would know that isn't a spot he should boost or throw the bomb,

Is it necessary to clip those spots too?

Well it has spawns, I know how to make a working radar and how to pack the custom content.

For optimization i'm not so sure. I've never looked into that, but I guess while the map is still quite simple it doesn't need much optimization.

About the clipping:

I clipped some spots where you should get over while jumping on your own.
I clipped spots where the bomb would get stuck.
But there are spots (walls) where you can boost ur friend on or throw the bomb over.

If a player has some common sense, he would know that isn't a spot he should boost or throw the bomb,

Is it necessary to clip those spots too?

-Greyboxes need only little optimization, but if you skip this by 100% it might be unplayable on some PCs.

-Just avoid selfboosts so nobody is able to get out of the map on their own.

-Greyboxes need only little optimization, but if you skip this by 100% it might be unplayable on some PCs.

-Just avoid selfboosts so nobody is able to get out of the map on their own.

Okay, I'll look into some optimization techniques, never bad to learn them anyway.

Any tips?

Edited by Tomato

I've recently submitted my map, Docks, for playtesting. It was rejected because the custom content wasn't packed into the .bsp. I think I may have uploaded the wrong file and was wondering whether you could give it another try:

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=606876470

Just checked it, there is still custom content missing, the radar is the same as well. Here is a screenshot: http://i.imgur.com/YwPzs37.jpg

If my map is still greyboxed and not detailed, but the layout is set and most of the basic principles of the map are there, can I submit it for a test then?

Yes. Just make sure the map has a working radar, enough spawn points (16 per team) and working bomb sites/hostages.