Blueprint is nothing like Kismet, Kismet is prehistoric. I am obviously biased but I haven't seen anything else come anywhere near the power of Blueprint. It takes a while to get into but once you understand how it all works it is ridiculoulsy powerful for non programmers.

This is what I'm excited for. Being able to create modular and global scripts is super powerful.

Yeah, so is Unity though, so I don't really see why its a different beast. But please, enlighten me :)

I can't think of any AAA games made in Unity. It's a cool little engine, but it's mostly used for iOS and "lol physics" indie games. Whereas pretty much every console game from last gen that ran at a shitty framerate was made in Unreal.

Yeah, so is Unity though, so I don't really see why its a different beast. But please, enlighten me :)

I can't think of any AAA games made in Unity. It's a cool little engine, but it's mostly used for iOS and "lol physics" indie games. Whereas pretty much every console game from last gen that ran at a shitty framerate was made in Unreal.

Rust was done in Unity, that's pretty impressive.

Come on, i don't want to pass as a hater, but i don't remember seeing anything Unity-powered that looks like the Infiltrator Demo, let alone the Samaritan powered by the old engine.

Definitely both engines can shine and be the best option, depending on the project.

CUT

Thanks for clearing that up, i had looked those things like a year ago.

As for CE @ 9.99$ yeah, i found out discussing this topic on fb yesterday, i was coming to post it over here.

As a spectator UE4 seem/feels more advanced than CE right now, but i'm sure that if there's any gap is gonna be filled soon. And with this iterative approach that has been taken by these vendors, i guess that it will feel like they are exchanging the lead often.

~

I think this wasn't posted(?).

Edited by blackdog

I'm just glad to see competition like this in the engine market. I don't think Unity has been given a fair chance yet because it's still a relative newcomer and needs using in more wonderful-looking games to really prove its worth, and of course we could talk all day about Unreal Engine vs CryEngine. Whatever the case, we now have three extremely affordable engines capable of doing great things, and that's an awesome way to start this new generation.

Come on, i don't want to pass as a hater, but i don't remember seeing anything Unity-powered that looks like the Infiltrator Demo, let alone the Samaritan powered by the old engine.

Definitely both engines can shine and be the best option, depending on the project.

CUT

Thanks for clearing that up, i had looked those things like a year ago.

As for CE @ 9.99$ yeah, i found out discussing this topic on fb yesterday, i was coming to post it over here.

As a spectator UE4 seem/feels more advanced than CE right now, but i'm sure that if there's any gap is gonna be filled soon. And with this iterative approach that has been taken by these vendors, i guess that it will feel like they are exchanging the lead often.

~

I think this wasn't posted(?).

Techwise Cryengine is ahead of Unreal.

Really good to see this much competition in game engines, with these pricing models then you can't really complain about not having an affordable option anymore.

Also dat Sweeney, so gangsta

Speaking of tools

The add-subtract feels a bit old to still be in there, what about creating a solid and just having to set the wall width as a parameter?

meh, don't really care about tech much. Tool sets are what interest me.

Are those in CE getting a facelift?

I'm only worried that the market will be flooded with a really bad games... Lots of kids from EU and US can pay for the licence from their spending money and the engine is pretty easy, so yeah, I'm worried.

I'm only worried that the market will be flooded with a really bad games... Lots of kids from EU and US can pay for the licence from their spending money and the engine is pretty easy, so yeah, I'm worried.

But it's totally awesome for Game Design schools !