real time lighting has real drawbacks for sure, if you look at Crysis 2 maps you'll see all the work we did to get it running well. Overlapping complexity, shadow shapes to lower shadow polygons, manual view distance fading, manual boxes to control light leaking through geometry and I've not even started talking about complexities of merging interior and exterior lighting. There are real pros and cons to both systems, one is not better than the other.

In my opinion, real time is only worth it if your actually going to change it in real time, and I don't mean turning lights on an off, that can be done with baked lights.

What I like about U3/U4 is it allows you to carefully setup the lighting method, for YOUR game or project.

Edited by 2d-chris

Yep, I get that, but there's simply nothing going on nowhere, no matter what I do, even if I five the ao input a constant black vektor, still no change, like here:

vKeedjR.jpg

At least the reflections are working fine for me.

I would say to turn off DFAO, switch back to lightmaps and see if it works as intended. There's quite a bunch of features that don't work with DFAO, and the performance gain will be huge when you switch to lightmass.

Also, if you are getting long lighting build times, try setting a higher value for "lighting scale" (or whatever it's called) in the lightmass settings. Changing that to 2 on my scene cut the build times by 70% or so :o

Also I cant seem to find anything regarding dynamically spawned assets (aka particles) being able to be preloaded in blueprint form. This only manifests itself in mobile builds but is a huge blocker. Has anyone been able to deal with this issue?