This is awesome I might buy it down the road. but i hope they make a free version because all i want todo right now is mess around with the editor.

wat, I thought it would be free -.- silly me

20$ is basiclly free for what you're getting.

But still, paying $20 just to learn a tool is not cool(it even rhymes)

What do you mean just to learn a tool? Its $20 for full engine access and source code.

PER MONTH. That is a very big difference. That is $240 a year. No cheaper than Unity given that you may take atleast 2 years to make a game. And +5% of revenue on top.

Lets be real here though, while unity is awesome, it is childs play compared to unreal 4. I mean youre complaining about $240?? I mean come on man!

Let me reiterate here: TWO HUNDRED AND FOURTY DOLLARS.

Edited by JeanPaul

Guys, thats true 240 for this TECH is fucking silly IMO, than again i would really love to see non commercial licence just like UDK only for learning this tool and fooling around with it
most of the tools looks the same THO only upgraded

So Unreal is still using lightmap UVs? I'm disappoint :(

Regarding to the subscription, according to the website you can just cancel it anytime and use the engine for as long as you want, but you won't get any updates. So maybe you can just renew the subscription whenever a new update is out?

So Unreal is still using lightmap UVs? I'm disappoint :(

Regarding to the subscription, according to the website you can just cancel it anytime and use the engine for as long as you want, but you won't get any updates. So maybe you can just renew the subscription whenever a new update is out?

Looks like it,

as for lightmaps ? where ? that part when the light is put in a room it looked all dynamic ?

Read this on fb, guys i know that are making an indie game with licensed UE3 say they got the upgrade for free! :)

The mad low price may suggest a change in policy, like, they now just license everything?

Really curious to see if it's just a matter of stability of release.

MMO, but instead of playing you do work. 

So an MMO? :P

I'm wondering now, what won't be subscription now?  Now Photoshop, Maya/Max, and Unreal are subscription based, so you could pretty much run a studio with only subscription software.