Beck

[CS:GO] De_Japan (WIP)

Agree with the others about the paths, but definitely interested to see where you take this. If you can capture the atmosphere of those references images then it will be sex. :)

Edited by Nerve

Cheers!

I've now only got the one route into B for the Terrorists and removed the alleyway to the stairs and the point of no return on their side. The Terrorists can still get to the alleyway from the CT side of mid, but they'll obviously have to fight to get to it. So that should hopefully sort the problem of having too many routes for the Terrorists to take. Time and testing will tell of course!

At the moment I think my greybox is a little too wide, so once I've finished T side of the map I'll be reducing the time it takes to get from one side of the map to the other.

Update time!

Got the greybox done. Radar can be seen in the image below:

oTEcGhF.png

As you can see some of the routes have changed slightly. The second route into the right hand bomb site from the T's side has been removed, however T's could still get to the elevated position above that site via the back alley from CT's side of mid. Also the routes to the left hand bomb site for the T's have changed slightly too.

Some screenshots:

T's routes to the left hand bombsite:

6CWEVDr.jpg

3q0zehU.jpg

The left side bomb site:

xk9Wrji.jpg

And the CT side of the bomb site:

14UDI0E.jpg

CT's side of the right hand bombsite:

JCeN4CU.jpg

Right hand bombsite:

ua5HVPt.jpg

DqX2ldc.jpg

And a birds eye view of mid from T's side:

f9xXVjm.jpg

The only elevation in the map is around the left hand bomb site. I've kept it simple for the greybox but once the layout is nailed down and I'm happy with it there should be a lot more elevation in the level since Japan is a very hilly place. 

Anyway, next up is to add some more cover to places, place down some sign posting for the bomb sites and get some playtests arranged.

I've attached the current version of the map along with the files for the radar (Just extract to your csgo folder and it should all work :) ). If any of you get the chance to give it a quick spin then any feedback would be appreciated!

Thanks guys!

de_japan2.zip

Edit: Whoops. Looks like I included all of the other maps radars in the zip too. Just ignore those when copying files, sorry!

Edited by Beck

I've also been working on a map set in a similar location in Japan. Have you thought out more about a theme of what your map might look like? Feel free to PM me if you'd like to discuss the maps in more detail as it would be unfortunate for both maps to turn out visually very similar.

Thanks, Mendaxyz, keep me updated! :)

Had a few short playtests at work during lunch and it's clear at the moment that the rotation time between bombsites is too long, making it hard for the CT's once the bomb is planted at another site.

So now I'm working on reducing the width of the map to allow CT's to rotate quicker. Also, mid is very short so I shall be lengthening that along with changing some routes to the shrine and making that bomb site slightly larger to make moving around it simpler.

Should hopefully have the rejigged version done by the end of the weekend :)

Edited by Beck

Start to think about the optimisation dude, the map seems very open, consider to put some brushes of sky already.

Can't tell much about the layout atm, but it seems really wide :D , keep up the good job.

Yeah it is too wide at the moment so I am in the process of rectifying that. Some of the more open areas are being tightened up too so that should make optimising a lot easier :)

Cheers for the comments!