JediX

[CS GO] de_medieval (wip)

Hey Jedix. Got to play your map doing the last playtest, heres a little late feedback, but better late than never ;)

Overall: 

- The map have some places which could use more lightning. (B-site under the house). 

B-site:

I like how you changed B, imo it improved the experience from last time, yet still needs alot of work. For some example: 

- The narrow path way into B for CT seems a bit clumsy, and I think that some people managed to get onto the roofs from there. You'll might want to look into that.

- One can camp in the well

- I like that one shall run from one house to another through the balcony to get into B from upstairs, but I think it would have a better feel if you somehow makes it so that one don't have to jump to get through. Jumping also destroys any plans of suprise attack from above ;)

A-site: 

Didn't really use this site so much since it looks like it still needs alot of work compared to the rest of the map. Lets see for next playtest ;)

Middle:

I think you should still somehow use a market. It adds to the overall map. Just make sure that it have somewhat clear sightlines and doesn't clutter too much. I think the gate is a fun idea, but might not play well, if you aim for a more competitive-wise map, but for a casual map it's the way to go! ;)

This is what I've just had on top of my mind. Hope it helped ;)

Thanks Niller^.- 

I had intended on sorting the lighting out but time got the better of me and before I knew it it was playtest day.

B-Site:

I will widen the alleyway into B. It is a bit tight through there. I actually quite like the idea of being able to jump to the adjacent roof from the fence. I will leave that for now. I don't think you can access the rooftops from there. I think that could be done from off the top of the railings at the T side of Bombsite A(fixed now).

A-Site:

A site is nearly complete. Will post some pics soon.

Middle:

I have a new plan for mid. I am moving towards the idea of a statue, perhaps a knight with a sword statue. Maybe something like this - 

CC8712.png

and

nature-medieval-knights-knight-mist-nobl

I will build it in 3DSMAX. As for the market place, I will not kill it just yet.

The Gate:

The idea behind the gate is to slow the CT's rotating to B-site preventing them from taking the shorter route through mid. I am not sure just yet. I also wanted to learn how to put a door like this into the map. much easier than first anticipated so I don't hold any massive love for it. Looks authentic though! :) 

Cheers for the feedback!

Ya during playtest, we discovered a way onto the roofs (that bridge area from near t spawn that crosses mid.

You should also clip off the well hole at one of the sites as you cant get in there.

B (or the bombsite that's indoors) could use some refinement; the corridors are really tight and the angles were pretty CT-sided.

Ya during playtest, we discovered a way onto the roofs (that bridge area from near t spawn that crosses mid.

You should also clip off the well hole at one of the sites as you cant get in there.

B (or the bombsite that's indoors) could use some refinement; the corridors are really tight and the angles were pretty CT-sided.

Thanks for the feedback Kinggambit.

Thought I would post some pictures of where the map is at the minute. I've had a lot on so have been slacking on the mapping front lately but got the majority textured up now. Still lots to do with balancing, lighting and optimisation and also still want to build some of my own models in 3DSMAX.

CT Spawn - Birthplace

xshrcF4.jpg

CT route to Bombsite A - 

7McfboV.jpg

Bombsite A - Brewery 

DqkuJxJ.jpg

Z3iTjdQ.jpg

Mid - Market Square

J4YaPMn.jpg

JCra8Q5.jpgY9MHr5A.jpg

CT route to Bombsite B - Sword in the Stone

dNVSkBk.jpg

T route to Bombsite B - Terror Lane

542l5Ut.jpg

rNZtjzA.jpg

New T Route to high mid.

9X9NkPs.png

Too clean for me, but the architecture looks nice and is easy to read. Besides that, there is something I dislike, I'd avoid making players jump four times. You can add an inclined wood plank (like in de_mirage) or a ladder, as nobody likes to jump so many times.

I agree, the last screen seems really annoying, you don't want players to jump than many times

there should be a rule of jumping max. 2 times to get to some place or something..

you could make it look 10x better with some improved lighting

lamps could nicely illuminate the streets for example.

There are places on official maps (nuke/inferno I can think off the top of my head) where you have to jump more than twice to access certain routes to certain areas. Sure it is a little annoying, but as long as it is not for a 'main route' it is not a gamebreaker.

Agreed with hollowpoint, it might throw a bit of a wrench in the flow but I think it boils down to preference. It's understandable that players want to feel like they can move around the map smoothly but the last pic isn't that bad. It's still way better than the haystack jump to crack window on de_inferno anyway.