[CS GO] de_medieval (wip)

JediX

Hi,

I have recently started playing CS Go and decided I would create my own map. I found some excellent tutorials on worldofleveldesign.com and they helped me to first plan then block out my map.

I wanted to go for a medieval theme having grown up in a town that has a lot of medieval architecture that I could call upon easily for reference such as building, arches and bridges. I also wanted the map to feature a range of combat styles from long range to close quarters. I have tried to incorporate these aspects into my map.

I have blocked out the buildings for the map but still need to add the placement of object such as crates and barrels; stuff that can be used to create cover and block off long range sniping shots.

mGGXhgd.jpg

sy39BYr.jpg

Z6yWgX8.jpg

wSXUcbC.jpg

epPsKlv.jpg

JaS8Q4S.jpg

Ll4stMw.jpg

5tiLTMv.jpg

The map file is attached if anyone is interested in giving it a go. All feedback is appreciated. 

Cheers :)

de_medieval_test.zip

Instead of doing all the beam extruded in brush, you should consider making them in full new textures.

I can lead you to my birth city called DInan wich is a medieval city.

Yes it is !

As many villages in Europe ! :)

You can also check the villages in Alsace (France) :

Monschau (small German town) is also a good place to look for reference

Thanks for the reference materials. Europe certainly has a great heritage and beautiful architecture. I am from Stratford Upon Avon in the UK, better known as Shakespeare country! I thought Stratford was nice but these are beautiful places!! :)

I am going to try and get a more finalised layout before I really get into constructing this Medieval town. 

Also 3Dnj, I think I will create some of my own textures with the wooden beams. This will significantly speed up the process especially for the lesser important surrounding background buildings.