r1ar

Substance Designer

Anyone using a "Substance Designer" for commercial or just for home experiments?

Very powerful tool for texture creation, but can't find any CV with this programm in skills. Strange.  :???:

I've been experimenting with it a bit since December when it was on a steam sale but I haven't had the time to really mess around with it yet. It seems very powerful though. 

Most of the environment textures for Ballistic are made using Substance, and we use a mix of techniques to save on download size for props, weapons and characters.

More details here, after 35:30 (bear in mind the quality of our textures has improved by leaps and bounds since then)

See it live for yourself here: https://apps.facebook.com/ballistic-game/ (USA/Brazil only for now)

Edited by arhurt

So I spent 7 hours yesterday watching videos on substance designer to get started with it. Was wondering if anyone had any videos demonstrating their process to produce either

A) The materials for a specific asset

or

B) The workflow to generate procedural textures (like a wood pattern)

The tutorials on Allegorithmic's site are great for getting up and running, but it would be great to find a tutorial I can follow along with to really understand some of the aspects of the program.