shnytzl

CS:GO Stickers

Worth a shot, I shall give it a try tonight!

If anyone wants the Valve Developer Wiki link for the above quote it is here: https://developer.valvesoftware.com/wiki/$translucent

Thanks Tschoppo!

Edited by Beck

Hi All,
I stumbled upon this site looking for resources for making csgo weapon skins as I've not made one yet, and I was really impressed by the quality of work posted in various threads!

My background is in illustration & graphics, I find it easier to design a single 'focal' image rather than a background image which is why I've stuck with stickers thus far.
How I perceive weapon skinning in more traditional forms of design is the comparison between stickers to illustration and skins to livery/packaging design - so it requires a different mindset. 

So far I've only dabbled in stickers. I've 16 submissions - 3 are in the game.

...and here's a quick reference 'decal sheet' from a week or so ago.
wjjXqBJ.jpg

And a few of my most recent submissions:
31613B0EC2AFCD5D860AD5A98E2C096AAD67621C

DD13B557D20BF13206AC0FAEE5579F4FC5E809EF

Renegabes #4 - 'Mr G' (The latest in my series of 'Renegabes' - posted yesterday)
2CAB27137063BDD7DC94C950D96B14EE70B3A7DA

I really love making stickers! Especially those with comedic elements, or ones that push the given decal style through process. 

Back to my reason for posting:
  • I was just wondering for those who have worked on both skins and stickers - is making a skin much harder?
  • Is there anything I should avoid doing from the outset?
  • What is your approach to making a skin - do you sketch a side view first, decide from the outset which skin style - or just jump straight in and fiddle as you go?
  • Do you know of any great resources (besides the CSGOblog) that cover how the RGBA channels are utilised for each style? 

Thanks in advance! Sorry for long post.

Is Rekt in the game yet? Your stickers are awesome man, thanks for contributing.

Yes, Rekt is now in the game via community capsule 1 - it was accepted as a post-release replacement for one of the stickers that infringed copyright (and by extension Valve's T&Cs). 

Thanks for the kind words!

edit: just saw your portfolio - impressive map collection! I loved Gwailior

ZS9a8uv.png

Edited by The Honey Badger