Sprony

The Order 1886

I started playing a bit yesterday. Only played for around 2h but man, does that game look nice. Lighting, effects, modeling and materials are spot on and they really have an awesome rendering. The world is coherent and looks gorgeous but...

...that's about all there is to it for me though.

Shooting isn't much fun, everything in the LD is laid out for you (random covers in the middle of the street). So far it's been extremely linear (I don't have a problem with linear games but come on, give me a bone sometimes)
Only met a couple of Lycans so far but the fight was te-rri-ble: Lycan runs towards you, QTE to avoid, Lycan runs back. Rinse and repeat until you finally shoot it and finish it off with a QTE.
All the secondary characters are non-interactable and just stand there, not even looking at you. Really an immersion breaker for me when the world they built is trying to be so realistic.
You can pick up random objects and examine them (while them being in your hand) and that looks great. But it has NO purpose since you just put them back afterwards.

And I actually don't care for the plot or my actions one bit, I just follow whatever "the voice" tells me, I really don't feel invested in it.
But we'll see after I play a couple more hours...

I wish they had turned that game into a slow paced detective/investigation game. Scrap half of the environments, story and cutscenes, make it smaller scale but put the money on mechanics and gameplay instead!

But again...so (technically) pretty  :v

Edit: Oh, and I really couldn't care less about the length personally, I think it's a false debate. If the game was great, I don't think people would complain that much. It's just that for a full price you get a lukewarm experience and all the shortcomings are even more apparent... :/
Edited by dkm

If you watch games on youtube as a substitute for having played it you are scum

haha, then I'm scum, don't have the time to play every game, nor do I have the interest if it's not the kind of game I enjoy, watching at least allows me some entertainment while I eat, and perhaps learn something in the process. 

at least it makes for fun arguments with people who do this since there's that point in the conversation where you reach with them where they can't really say much more because they have no idea what they're talking about and it's glorious and one of those small things I live for.

I always refused to watch playthroughs cos usually, if I want to spend that much time watching it, I want to play it. But this is seriously the first game I'm considering giving a try for this.

Well, after watching the Angry Review I'm not even sure I want to do so... that lycan behaviour, seriously??

Edited by blackdog

Well I do watch walkthroughs on YT when I'm low on time (all the time lol), but if a GAME is better watching on YT than actually playing, you know that some shit is not right :v

I know it's more about art but, look at these awesome works guys :

• https://www.artstation.com/artist/jlef 

• https://www.artstation.com/artist/nestorcarpintero

• https://www.artstation.com/artist/budlong

• https://www.artstation.com/artist/bobbyjrice

Example of what you'll see in these pages :

:fap:  :fap:  :fap:

To complete my previous post, here is a topic about the Vistas :

http://www.polycount.com/forum/showthread.php?t=149656

ethan-ayer-may-010-01-wireframe.jpg?1425

Edited by El Moroes

So I forced myself to finish the game yesterday and the game length is the smallest problem this game has. This had such a fucking potential, the world is beautiful and so interesting, yet you cant do shit in it LOL. The graphics are taking so much memory that there is no AI in the game, boss fights are QTE and the story is the most cliche shit ever, you know thats going to happen years before it. Gameplay designers were working for like one evening to came up with this mechanics. Ending is just like a slap in the face, cous I was not pressing the QTE for over 5 min, hoping that maybe I have some control over the story - but FUCK YOU playa, you need to see the MOVIE like we want you to see it.
The one thing they should do really good is shooting and cover system. well shooting feels good but the cover system is really fucked up. Many times I had problems with going out of the cover of swaping between those.

Again, visually vise this is just WOW, those guys rised the graphicsxx bar a lot ! Music is just great ! But the game is just bleh, frustrating as fuck. It pisses you a lot cause you can't do shit you want to do, and those QTE where if you failed you are dead - WHO DA FUCK came up with this idea - soooooo stupid.

Again i got a copy from work, so yeah, wanted to finish it to actually be able to point out how bad this game is, but I strongly recommend not buy it yet, rent it of wait for a price drop, it will happen soon !

Edited by knj