Does this mean it is for real?

Izuno

That is absolutely ludicrous. A huge proportion of the internet in general runs on AWS nowadays, not just videos but also entire websites. Are you seriously telling me they're starting to slow down the internet rather than, you know, invest in higher capacity (like some countries are successfully doing)? Shit, man...

Image is a few years old, but still relevant

net-neutrality-thumb-550x1224-27419.jpg

There was some dude that asked Obama about NN and the current situation on a google hangout last week, you can see his answer here

I think for now this is a bigger issue in America where you have a very limited amount of internet providers that in some places have full monopoly and can screw their customers over pretty easily.

Just the kind of shit I expect from american companies these days. This country is run by companies for companies, consumers have no voice at all other than boycotting, but even that becomes virtually impossible when you notice that a few megacorporations control everything... I noticed that my internet became shittier and shitter for netflix recently, I thought I was just hallucinating, but maybe that's not the case? Does anybody know any place to complain about shit like that here, other than internet forums or posting shit on facebook?

Brazil is a pretty fucked up country and we got a lot of things wrong, but at least we have governmental agencies that take care of consumer complaints and help people go to court if needed. If I feel like a company is ripping me off in Brazil I can just complain to the government, and if enough people complain they are forced to take action.

Brazil is a pretty fucked up country and we got a lot of things wrong, but at least we have governmental agencies that take care of consumer complaints and help people go to court if needed. If I feel like a company is ripping me off in Brazil I can just complain to the government, and if enough people complain they are forced to take action.

Yeah, same in portugal. There's a specific organization that deals with this exact same of bullshit, no matter what scale. It's called "consumer protection association" and they already prevented and fixed a lot of shit like this. But again, no way this would even work in the USA, companies would bring it down easily and they would never let it become big enough to matter or to even cause any kind of ripple in this ocean of bullshit.

Yeah, same in portugal. There's a specific organization that deals with this exact same of bullshit, no matter what scale. It's called "consumer protection association" and they already prevented and fixed a lot of shit like this. But again, no way this would even work in the USA, companies would bring it down easily and they would never let it become big enough to matter or to even cause any kind of ripple in this ocean of bullshit.

Yea we have this in Germany aswell thank god. They stopped something similar from happening just recently or at least managed to postpone it.

In the long run i think internet as we know it is doomed tho. This shit will just creep in bit by bit, two steps forward, one step back. Rinse and repeat. My only hope is that maybe some other technology will pop up that connects people in a less controlable and virtualy unlimited manner.

You owe to yourself this situation. And don't count neither Netflix to fight back nor Consumer Protection association.

I feel like everybody use internet but forgot or never known about what is internet. What's make internet so special?

- Decentralization.

Google? Centralized.

Netflix? Centralized.

Facebook? Centralized.

Apple? Centralized.

Microsoft? Centralized.

Yahoo? Centralized.

Amazon? Centralized.

Twitter? Centralized.

AOL? Centralized.

Dropbox? Centralized.

Graiglist ? Centralized.

Adobe? Centralized.

Steam? Centralized.

Mapcore? Centralized but I deal with it.

Bitcoin and open source? Decentralized.

So hows about hosting your own content instead of uploading everything on Flickr, Youtube and such?

- I've read the answer you are going to write as I felt in the same situation last year with Free (my provider) and Youtube. But now I opened my eyes and managed myself alone as I've never seen any help from anywhere. No pain no gain.

They're making billion on your back. If you shared once on Facebook your situation and posted you were looking for losing weight then for some company of the Big data you worth $500.

Internet is as major as printing and its take 400 years to get the freedom of expression. I guess it's will take time before we see similarities as well for the Internet.

The topic is vast but once again guys do it yourself. We are our own best advocates, as the saying goes.