Christopher Nolan‘s Interstellar

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

To farm space corn you idiot.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nyc6RJEEe0U   http://www.interstellarmovie.com/index.php

Interstellar the movie which learn you more about gravity, relativity, quantum physics and PogoP sexual life.

I digested this some more over the night and this morning. One thing I failed to mention was that it was an incredible journey. With all the danger, strange science, overwhelming visuals and vast distances involved, it truly felt like you were part of this next generation of explorers just like Cooper talked about. Explorers at the very edge of their humanity. Did anyone genuinely know what would happen next at almost any point? I think this is one of the films major strengths.

I digested this some more over the night and this morning. One thing I failed to mention was that it was an incredible journey. With all the danger, strange science, overwhelming visuals and vast distances involved, it truly felt like you were part of this next generation of explorers just like Cooper talked about. Explorers at the very edge of their humanity. Did anyone genuinely know what would happen next at almost any point? I think this is one of the films major strengths.

I think you nailed it on the head as to why I loved this film so much. I also went into it knowing absolutely nothing about it, so I was absolutely blown away by what happens in the film. I'm going to see it next weekend with my dad and bro who are also huge sci-fi fans, but I'm wondering how much I'll enjoy it on a second viewing. I'm excited :D

Sorry, it was suggested by YT, thought it was new material :$

at least is not like when I finished watching Inception when I said "no".

...explain yourself man. Can't say much. Maybe I just watched it at the wrong time, but basically I had to watch it in three sessions cos I was falling asleep. Then it was too much different from what I was expecting, I had too many expectations and so I was disappointed I guess.

I'm not the only one, I know a couple of people that were of the same opinion.

I'm planning to watch it again, I haven't rushed it cos I don't want to force myself to watch it, otherwise there's no chance I can change my mind.

Edit: thanks to timehop I found out that it was exactly 4 years ago I reviewed it 7/10. And like for Interstellar I had watched only the first trailer.

Edited by blackdog

Had my second time today in 70mm analog and oh boy.. lovely as the first time - but still hate people not being able to pronounce properly. :D

The sound was even more awesome this time, the lower frequencies made the space shuttle scenes a real ride in our seats. :-D

btw:

I don't know if I got it wrong, but I think at that point where Prof. Brand mentions the sparks falling down might just be bullets hitting and penetrating, it's where Cooper is returning through the worm hole and has to leave the vehicle near the end before the epic library scene and a connection is made, right?

This is for me 10/10, even more after I rewatched Inception on Wednesday evening in our university cinema.

btw:

I don't know if I got it wrong, but I think at that point where Prof. Brand mentions the sparks falling down might just be bullets hitting and penetrating, it's where Cooper is returning through the worm hole and has to leave the vehicle near the end before the epic library scene and a connection is made, right?

Exactly!

Edited by Seldoon182

Interstellar is a great movie. The film speaks of more than just gravity and relativity, it also references quantum physics:

- Gravity in the theory of relativity works at a grand scale, even in small things like balls and molecules even smaller, until the quantum level where it breaks down.

Both theories independently work in experiments and practice, but not together. They can't coexist without a unified theory. Interstellar is about the discovery of the unified theory because the Gargantuan black hole crushes light with its own gravity to the point that relativity physics meets quantum physics, unification, and where the data is available to expand humanity's knowledge enough to save itself.

How does this answer the classic time question everyone raise? How can you go back in time to save yourself, if you can never get to the future in the first place? This is now in the realm of quantum physics, which suggests that every possible scenario exists up until the moment in time that the one path that actually happened is chosen (our universe that we experience). This is why quantum computing is so exciting. It should be able to quickly resolve every chess move to always win, or to predict weather exactly, etc.

So in the future, where humanity evolves by knowledge to be able to exist in 5 dimensions, we have learned how to resolve this classic time paradox. The film suggests we learn to mix scenarios, or cross not only times but universes to save ourselves. The parallel universe where we don't destroy our planet with global warming then makes it into the future to be able to save itself here. Funky Hollywood story telling meets the biggest astrophysics challenge of our time...

@Minos I don't mind the movie is about spirituality. You can have emotion without believing in god or [name your religion]. Read Gerald M. Edelman's book Bright Air, Brilliant Fire: On the Matter of the Mind. He killed religion and spirituality at the same time since 1992. The transcendence described by religion or fake spirituality experience belong a more complex system: Your brain.

TL;DR: Interstellar the movie where no ones understand anything but every ones seem to understand everything.

Ps: I'm fucking scared they don't use bitcoin in the future.  :lol:

http://youtu.be/hIz5MXmrpWw?t=6m16s

Confirmed! Boom Motherfucka!!

Edited by Seldoon182
  • 5 months later...

Just rewatched this again last night in a private cinema, was pretty epic. :P It's still very strong as a journey and an experience, but I found the plot to be even more problematic this time around. But damn, you almost forget about that shit and just enjoyed the spectacle. Overall though, Interstellar will go down in my personal movie history as a flawed film. But it's way stronger than the sum of it's parts.

If the post-"cooper going into the black hole" part of the film was more elegantly handled I think it could've gone much further as a film. But yeah, I dunno. Also... The sequence starting from when Dr Mann betrays cooper until they succesfully dock with the endurance after matching it's rotation... must be the most butt-clenching exhilariting shit in the last 5 years of cinema.

Edited by Puddy

Cooper going inside the neutron star would have die. He's been saved by us (because humans in the future can manage in 5 dimensions) and specially build the tesseract so Cooper can interact with his daughter to save him, save mankind.

Also forget about Interstellar get a look at Theory M which make the big bang a passage not a start point of the universe. The Theory M which reunite the 5 strings theories describes a multiuniverse in 11 dimensions fixed in branes and all thoses univers would be much closer than we think. They restarted LHC btw!! I'm fucking excited. Hope they recreate that dark matter!!

Edited by Seldoon182