Sprony

Fallout 4

Vault Tec DLC was announced for the 26th and Nuka world for the 30th of Aug.

2 hours ago, Bastion said:

You still got Nuka world DLC to look forward to

Although tbh apart from Far harbour, this DLC has been fucking awful

Wouldn't even say Far Harbour was very good. All the new enemies were massive bullet sponge reskins of existing enemies and the island its self was a pretty drab and boring place to explore. Storyline was decent, but no where near as good as some people make it out to be. 

1 hour ago, Beck said:

I'm not fussed about the workshop DLC's at all. I get some people enjoy the building side of things but I just want to play Fallout and blow some peoples limbs off and explore. I'm glad they've released more DLC so there are 6 DLC's with 3 story DLC's and 3 workshop. I think that's fair for those who bought the season pass. 

I haven't tried Far Harbour yet. I've heard great things about it but I'm gonna wait until I move in the next week or so and play it on a 4K TV I'm gonna buy.

There is only 2 story based DLC's. The other two are workshop DLC's but with a mission or two to present it. 

4 minutes ago, Skybex said:

There is only 2 story based DLC's. The other two are workshop DLC's but with a mission or two to present it. 

True. I was trying to be a bit generous with them :P 

It is a shame after FO3 and NV which had five story DLC's which all added a decent amount each.

New Vegas DLC was absolutely amazing. All loosely followed a main story, which could have been a main story line in its self and it also tied into some events that caused the main story line to begin with. Also very well presented since you hear about some of the characters and locations involved in the base game even prior to any DLC releasing.

Dear Fallout 4 players,

for my master thesis at the University Koblenz-Landau I conduct an interesting study that deals with modifications (“mods”) for Fallout 4, for which I would like to win you (!) as a participant. In particular, I want to identify reasons why players build their own modifications for the game but I am also interested in the opinions of players who have only played modifications.

As a small incentive, I raffle three 20€ Amazon vouchers among all participants.

The survey is aimed at players of Fallout 4, and it takes 8 to 10 minutes. Here is the link:

https://ww2.unipark.de/uc/Hiwi/5573/

Thank you for your participation!

Svenya

Questionnaire already completed. :)

Koblenz is beautiful by the way! You're lucky to live there! :)

I've sunk about 100 hours into Fallout 4 now... started to whittle away all the Side Quests and am back to the Main Story, which is kinda boring somehow! Anyone else play like me? Explore and just do everything BUT what you're supposed to? :)

Ok, I've waited long enough. All the DLC is out too (in case I want to buy it), the game has been patched up so it's about time that I'm finally going to give it a proper go. Now for the those that played the game extensively, what mods do you recommend? For the record, I'm a purist so I'm looking for mods that improve the overall experience. I also enjoy some graphic overhauls but as long as it keeps the original style in tact.

I installed it and played for a couple of hours. I immediately started with a couple of mods. The most important one is the unofficial patch, followed by the full dialog mod (should have been in vanilla FO4). I'm also using the better map mod en the lowered weapons mod. Nothing major, but just a smoother experience.

The first thing I noticed is that intro is not voiced by Ron Perlman. Sure, he's on the television later and I understand why they did it, but it just didn't feel the same. Visually, I was very pleased. It got a lot of critique but I like it. The first 90 minutes or so, we're really immersive and I was thinking, why did I wait so long. The patches also make it a much smoother experience overall. But then I came across the Minute men, picked up the fusion core and Power Armor and fought a Deathclaw who was stuck in the wall of a building and the illusion was completely shattered again.

30 minutes ago, Sprony said:

I installed it and played for a couple of hours. I immediately started with a couple of mods. The most important one is the unofficial patch, followed by the full dialog mod (should have been in vanilla FO4). I'm also using the better map mod en the lowered weapons mod. Nothing major, but just a smoother experience.

The first thing I noticed is that intro is not voiced by Ron Perlman. Sure, he's on the television later and I understand why they did it, but it just didn't feel the same. Visually, I was very pleased. It got a lot of critique but I like it. The first 90 minutes or so, we're really immersive and I was thinking, why did I wait so long. The patches also make it a much smoother experience overall. But then I came across the Minute men, picked up the fusion core and Power Armor and fought a Deathclaw who was stuck in the wall of a building and the illusion was completely shattered again.

Would be great to just get that segment modded out, or have it so we can join the raiders.

yeah, well the start is pretty shitty. but I can easily forget the crappy first 20 mins of the main quest when the rest of my 100hrs of free running in the wastelands is enjoyable. tbh the whole main quest is the shittiest part of the game. It was the same with Skyrim and Fallout 3. Even though the criticism is well put about this game being shallow and all I still think it's the highlight of the last year.

It has one of the best world and most satisfying gameplay loop I know of any game ever made.

@Sprony I recommend addition with the unofficial patch using vivid weathers, interiors enhanced, dynamic interior fog removal, improved map

those are the only mods that I've been using, haven't seen anything else that's worthwhile.

Edited by WD

I'm going to try those @WD, thanks!

For now, I simply ditched the Power Armor and minigun. It's just me and my pistol. Old school baby!