knj

Uncharted 4

So, I'm about 4 hours in. Such a great intro. And, holy shit, the scenery in this game really is incredible. I'm literally just walking around looking at rocks and shit. Photo mode is a game within itself. I love the "guerrilla warfare" style of combat they've gone for in this one as well, definitely warrants a second play-through on crushing. Also, love what they've done with the vehicles, really adds an interesting layer to the puzzling/exploration. And my god it just gets better, this Madagascar level has blown me away so far. Have you guys gotten here yet? It's a sensory overload, and it's so massive too!

Some screenshots I've taken along the way below: (I'm at the Madagascar level atm, so light visual spoilers up until that point.)

Spoiler

C6qQnvi.jpg

9W9f8eE.jpg

0k9jDOW.jpg

ogU9i4q.jpg

wKwcz0C.jpg

kzq3iAJ.jpg

0CtaK5G.jpg

T8z1v9k.jpg

jf7OPZu.jpg

Edited by nikkoship

WHAT THE FUCK THIS FUCKING GAME!

This is hands down the most beautiful game I've ever set my eyes on and i'm just about 20% in. It is absolutely astonishing the level of polish and quality that was spent in every aspect of this game, from environment art to animation, my jaw is constantly in the floor.

One of my favourit things about this game, is that for the first time ever I actually felt I'm playing an action movie. The transition from cinematic to gameplay is so masterfully done it really makes this feel like a masterpiece.

Spoiler

I played about 4 hour and change last night, and I love how the Italy act you start out in mid afternoon and it seemlessly starts to get sunset and nighttime as you get in and out of the environments! This is some top notch shit, Naughty Dog did it again!

Okay, I'll admit - my first play-through so far has basically been Uncharted 4: Photo Mode. The presentation of this game is stupidly good. Everything about this game is great, really.

Apart from the environment art (which we all know by now is incredible), something else that stands out to me are the character animations and the VO/acting. Emotions are understated and sophisticated and they really do capture all of the nuances of facial expressions/body language. First time in a video game where the characters honestly look and feel like real humans. The effect this has on storytelling is huge. L.A Noire had something similar to this, but it was no where near as impressive as it is in Uncharted 4. The word "masterpiece" might sound flamboyant to those who haven't played the game yet, but it really is the only word that comes to mind when trying to describe how good this game is.

So last year we got Witcher 3, definitely a landmark game (at least for me). Now this year we get Uncharted 4, another huge landmark game. We're also getting all these great little indie games like The Beginner's Guide, Undertale, Her Story, Rocket League. Not to mention the Souls games, a new Fallout, a new MGS game, freaking Overwatch comes out in like 2 weeks.  I mean, damn - video games are getting pretty good.

Edited by nikkoship

22 hours ago, nikkoship said:

Some screenshots I've taken along the way below: (I'm at the Madagascar level atm, so light visual spoilers up until that point.)

Reveal hidden contents

C6qQnvi.jpg

9W9f8eE.jpg

0k9jDOW.jpg

ogU9i4q.jpg

wKwcz0C.jpg

kzq3iAJ.jpg

0CtaK5G.jpg

T8z1v9k.jpg

jf7OPZu.jpg

Will you share your screenshots ? :)

Just now, nikkoship said:

Wait, you can't see them? They should be under "reveal hidden content".

I was thinking about the bests screenshots you took in the entire game (best places / lighting / env / archi / ...). Even if it spoils...it could interest some of us.