Zacker

Pirates of New Horizons on Kickstarter!

I'm delighted to see this return and have pimped it on Facebook and Twitter. The funding period seems kind of tight though, a lot of people might want to wait until their next pay day before backing (which could partially explain why some campaigns do very well in the final days) and at least in the UK that's usually 28th–10th. If it's not too late to extend it to a full month it might be worthwhile. Still, backing it right now. :D

Thanks guys! We had planned on launching with a 30 day campaign length but ended up with settling on a campaign with a length of 22 days. Kickstarter recommends 30 days or less to encourage a sense of urgency, so we figured that a little over 3 weeks would be good and also it would make sense to end on the 1st of December. Additionally there were some team considerations behind, some of the team members have committed themselves full time (despite the lack of pay) during the past months but there was a limit to how long we could keep on running like that.

We would love to return to the PC version but atm the budget for finishing that one is around $250k so it is quite a heavy investment of resources that we currently do not have available. We sent it into hibernation last year after running out of funds and while I since then have done various attempts at finding a solution then this has not been possible. So currently our best bet for more PoNH is a smaller scoped mobile edition of the game.

A week left to back the project! We really appreciate those of you who have backed us already!

In case you for some reason do not want to back the project we would really appreciate if you spend 2 minutes answering two questions:

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/195Dr4wuU0WvDaKZOm4EQD7Eep7shxOvg8dRKEVVSkw8/viewform

Just saw that in my backer email, omg so touching. :D

Get out your wallets everyone! I did tip Kotaku, Destructoid, and Joystiq about this too (as well as posted it on the MapCore Facebook and Twitter). For whatever reason those gaming sites won't post it, yet some of the bullshit they do post about toilets in Japan or whatever the fuck... :|

Just saw that in my backer email, omg so touching. :D

Get out your wallets everyone! I did tip Kotaku, Destructoid, and Joystiq about this too (as well as posted it on the MapCore Facebook and Twitter). For whatever reason those gaming sites won't post it, yet some of the bullshit they do post about toilets in Japan or whatever the fuck... :|

I guess it's cos it's mobile? A lot of news outlets don't support mobile :( Then again, I'd be a hypocrite to say I'm excited about this game for that exact same reason, I don't own a tablet nor play on my phone.

That being said, I really hope you guys make it! It looks really cool! Best of luck!

Edited by Chimeray

what happened to the old team members? friedrich, soenke and skjalg?

We're still alive :D Just not actively involved in this project nowadays.