Hashtag

[CS:GO] De_marquis

Ahah nice names :)

I'm wondering, what's your thought about "de_france" ? This name sounds very weird and awkward to me, but that's maybe because I'm french ..

OrnateBaboon> no problem for a new image, but only if Pogop release a new screen from Alien:Isolation :3

Ahah nice names :)

I'm wondering, what's your thought about "de_france" ? This name sounds very weird and awkward to me, but that's maybe because I'm french ..

OrnateBaboon> no problem for a new image, but only if Pogop release a new screen from Alien:Isolation :3

I find it very awkward too, heh. Sorry to say! Naming is always a tricky part. 

"I'm wondering, what's your thought about "de_france" ? This name sounds very weird and awkward to me, but that's maybe because I'm french .."

Because Paris is the most pertinent place name for the map, any other geographical description might sound a little odd. People might wonder why it is named de_france for example, and not de_paris.

I looked briefly on the Google machine. City and state names are not trademarked in the US since they are common geographical terms. I would assume it is the same in other countries?

http://www.uspto.gov/ip/global/geographical/faq/#heading-6

http://www.avvo.com/legal-answers/are-the-names-of-cities-and-states-trademarked--788411.html

Probably best to investigate a bit further though if you are planning on calling it de_paris!

Great work !!

About map name, im french so de_France sound like the ship or a DODS map in the middle of the countryside.

de_Paname

Also:

de_FrenchTouch :D

de_Beaubourg

Like i does to other MapCore map-artist, if you want to test gameplay on full public 34 slots serv, PM me or add me on steam :)

Edited by ShoGun-KmKz

Absolutely fantastic work guys, looks nothing like the current maps in CSGO. How much of it is custom art? Good work :)

We use some CS generic content that we think could fit a french street set like this. But most of the content is custom. I would say about 75% custom art.

Otherwise thanks for your name proposals ! We're still thinking it over so please keep it up :)

And just a little clarification > of course we're gonna use the GIGN skin for the CT team  (not the green one you can on the screenshots).