[HP]

Arbor Vitae - UDK Scene [WIP]

--Em-- Yeap, I did the shader in an evening, I needed to have some temp art to work with. :D 

seir yeah, I wanna get as close as possible to really good mat definition but keep in mind we still havent made the textures yet, will probably start on those either tomorrow or today even!

Thanks guys

I really like it. I think if you took those water reflections, spaced them out maybe 2x so they're not so bunched up, and splashed them across the entire background/window/orange section of the area it would really tie the shot together. (sketch of this + some added light form the monitors in white) It's great as I mentioned on twitter, really coming into it's own now.

Edited by FMPONE

Looks awesome! Is it possible to get rid of the aliasing? and maybe 1920x1080 resolution to give all this great work better justice!! That would make a perfect desktop background once finished :D

Edited by tr0nic

Good feedback FMPONE, I'm not sure about overwhelming the whole scene with caustics, I will run some tests and we'll see how that goes! :)

tr0nic, when we're done with the scene, I'll generate HD res screenshots of multiple angles of the scene, for now I'll just keep on posting WIP's, but jeez thanks for saying it would be a good desktop already man, it fills my heart!!

Here's the "corner" and darker areas too. Focus is obviously the middle of the scene but wanted to give proper love to these areas as well.
WIP as fuck, mats look way too glossy, next up, textures! 

nFClLu7.jpg

Yeah, looks like someone went mental with a water hose. Reads more as plastic than metal!

It's still kinda reading like just a bunch of modular wall pieces put together rather than having a cohesive theme.

Loving the colours though, even the darker areas have a nice sense of colour rather than just going to black.

This is getting to be one of the classiest real-time sci-fi pieces ever! Ridiculously impressive stuff Hélder & Philip  :hurg2:

Thanks to you man, this was all made with nDo2 and we'll be using dDo for the texs as well, so thanks for you amazing tools!

@Sentura yeah, we can do that! :)

Wow, this is just spendid work. And you're not even done yet?! :D

If there would be but anything miniscule I could mention it would be that some of the open floor areas in the last two pictures feels a bit empty, I don't want yo to put up some lazy crates there but maybe something hanging down from the ceiling like cables or some kind of machinery module, at the same time you might not want it crowded with stuff, I guess.

One more thing that caught my eye, but it's probably not anything wrong with it - in the last picture the light spears in the ceiling grating look a bit weird to me, it's like I can't figure where the lightsource is located.

Looking forward to see the final product, great stuff!

It's still kinda reading like just a bunch of modular wall pieces put together rather than having a cohesive theme.

Yep, I have such a module problem at work right now. With that kind of module "density" what Helder shown there won't be problem with removing generic feeling. Imagine that on the second screen there's some kind of support/column in the middle that is well lit and stands out with size, color and form. The feeling of generic env will dramatically drop down :)

Edited by seir