blackdog

True Detective - TV Show

The finale was pretty good, but considering the thoughts that the mid season episodes started evoking then it fell perhaps a bit short. But I'd also say that it's more about the journey rather than the destination, in terms of story telling at least.

Anyway, great show, one of the best in ages. Going to be interesting to see what they do with the new season/cast

The finale was pretty good, but considering the thoughts that the mid season episodes started evoking then it fell perhaps a bit short. But I'd also say that it's more about the journey rather than the destination, in terms of story telling at least.

Anyway, great show, one of the best in ages. Going to be interesting to see what they do with the new season/cast

Aye, it was a good ending but a tad underwhelming. It was one hell of a buildup for just catching one crazy guy (and not a coven/sect/group as the show seemed to imply). I was really surprised they didn't go after any co-conspirators (seeing as there were 5 men mentioned a few times, seen in the tape and crafted out of beer cans during Rust's interview). The ending did do some cool stuff I didn't expect though, like Rust finding redemption and shit.

Aye, it was a good ending but a tad underwhelming. It was one hell of a buildup for just catching one crazy guy (and not a coven/sect/group as the show seemed to imply). I was really surprised they didn't go after any co-conspirators (seeing as there were 5 men mentioned a few times, seen in the tape and crafted out of beer cans during Rust's interview). The ending did do some cool stuff I didn't expect though, like Rust finding redemption and shit.

Yes, but as Marty said: "Can't catch all of 'em, what matters is we got ours" and I think it reflects pretty well, like The Wire did, there's nothing glorious in the end, you just feel good you got to close the case, go have a beer/whiskey and try to solve the next one.

Farell is excellent in In Bruges, and McConaughey surprised everyone with his performance in the first season. Then again, it is a tough act to follow, and I would have been fine with just one season.

Heh, the same movie that I had in mind. I love In Bruges, it's so damnd good. It's a tough act to follow, for sure, but luckily each season is standalone enough that there's some "distance" between them if this ever completely derails. Makes me more at ease anyway, I hate when shows take a nosedive and take the characters we love and dilute them to an unrecognizeable state.

McConaughey's career wasn't turned around by true detective. If anything what turned it around that year was Dallas Buyers Club.

I love that movie, here is my favourite scene: 

McConaughey's career wasn't turned around by true detective. If anything what turned it around that year was Dallas Buyers Club.

that's from wolf of wallstreet? :???:

that's from wolf of wallstreet? :???:

Never heard of that one (not a big fan of wildlife documentaries). Plus I'm pretty sure that's the Dallas skyline in the background.

lols.

I think Matthew's career turned before both those movies. In Wolf he just has an appearance; in the last years he took on several serious roles so I think it was that, then Dallas Buyer's is the culmination, you can't go higher then winning an Oscar (except winning the Cannes' Palm or Lion at Venice?).

I like Vaugn, one of those underrated actors. I think he can pull interesting performances.

I read a while ago that there could be two other leads alongside Farrell and Vaughn (back when those two were still unconfirmed rumours), and names like Taylor Kitsch and Rachel McAdams have been mentioned as the other two possibilities, interested to see if that's the case still