True Detective - TV Show

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

1. This is intriguing as fuck.   2. This is fucking high quality.   3. Some of the imagery and scenes creeps me the fuck out.   4. You should watch this fucking show.

Latest episode was so intense and well directed I got an adrenaline high

Can good want!

1. This is intriguing as fuck.

2. This is fucking high quality.

3. Some of the imagery and scenes creeps me the fuck out.

4. You should watch this fucking show.

5. MAtthew McCaughey is totaly crazy

6. The generic song is fucking good

7. The detective's older daughter knows how to party  ;)

1. This is intriguing as fuck.

2. This is fucking high quality.

3. Some of the imagery and scenes creeps me the fuck out.

4. You should watch this fucking show.

5. MAtthew McCaughey is fucking crazy

6. The generic song is fucking good

7. The detective's older daughter knows how to fucking party  ;)

Fixed. :D Also, lmao Friechamp.

• 2 weeks later...

This show is awesome, I didn't even realise how deep it was until I started reading the reddit discussion page about it: http://www.reddit.com/r/TrueDetective/

Those guys have reminded me of quite a few things I either missed or dismissed as being irrelevant - in a way this show is having the same impact on me as Bioshock Infinite did, love stuff like this. One of the things reddit has turned up is (Spoilers for those who aren't up to date)

the possible implication of Marty's daughter in this Tuttle family child abuse ring. Pictures in Marty's house on the walls, the ones she drew that his wife showed him, the arrangement of her dolls in one of the early episodes etc all prove that she could possibly have seen the video tape that Marty watched this week when she was younger, or that she knows about what went on in some other way (was she abused? was Maggie's father involved?), hence now being on medication and a bit messed up.

http://i.imgur.com/XTl65Y0.jpg. A lot of the theories might amount to nothing, there may be a lot unexplained eventually (will Rust's visions come into play?) but either way I think all the theorising for things like this is cool and it all makes me look forward to next week's finale even more

Watched the finale,

was a really good series overall but I'm a bit disappointed that I got on board the speculation train and started reading too much into it all, when really there were a lot of red herrings in it that were ultimately irrelevant it seems. This article summed it all up well I thought:

http://www.theatlantic.com/entertainment/archive/2014/03/the-em-true-detective-em-finale-thats-it/284312/