knj

Alien: Isolation

So we had session 4 last night. Now I can say that this is GOTY for me. The detail and love in this game are amazing. I just had a mission we didn't expect and all we could say was:

We've also found the flamethrower. Even the flame moves with the wind and when you swing it around it makes exactly the sound it's supposed to make. There's so much detail put in this game. I can't emphasize this enough. It's a labor of love making it visually one of the most convincing worlds I've ever set my digital feet in and the sound design, goosebumps all over. Also, still, fuck that alien!

2 hours and a half in, just met the Alien for the first time. Holy fuck this game is amazing...super immersive. Loving every minute of it so far. Love that a AAA release like this can exist :).

I've been playing this game for like 5h now and I don't have the nerves to play more than 1h. It's so friggin scary! :< 

I'd double the GOTY contender, Sprony.

Oh you're in for one hell of a ride. Or like Cameron said it in Aliens DC "20 miles of bad road" :)

I bet I am. Hmm, I better re-watch the good ol' Cameron movies some day!

So we had session 4 last night. Now I can say that this is GOTY for me. The detail and love in this game are amazing. I just had a mission we didn't expect and all we could say was:

We've also found the flamethrower. Even the flame moves with the wind and when you swing it around it makes exactly the sound it's supposed to make. There's so much detail put in this game. I can't emphasize this enough. It's a labor of love making it visually one of the most convincing worlds I've ever set my digital feet in and the sound design, goosebumps all over. Also, still, fuck that alien!

Seems like I have to keep pushing myself through it, really looking forward to that hot safety of the flamethrower. Glad the immersion and scare factor of the alien haven't faded yet, like you were afraid of.

Edited by Sjonsson

I've been playing this game for like 5h now and I don't have the nerves to play more than 1h. It's so friggin scary! :<

I'd double the GOTY contender, Sprony.

I was like that in both D3 and Deas Space. First was more the tiredness from too much dark, second I could play up to two hours I think before feeling stressed, but still demanding games and the reason why I still haven't finished them. Dead Space especially I was loving it, just I never had time to sit for those kind of sessions.

Really want to put my hands on Alien, but first I still need to watch the first movie (oddly the only one I haven't seen), then I have such a back catalog that I might as well wait for the price to come down a bit.

I hate this game. Because i want to look at it and study it in peace but it's so scary :P

Question out there related to that. Does anybody knows if there's a way to enable development console commands/hacks stuff ? I think I know the answer but... ya know... So we can cruise around peacefully and look at the environments...

Might be some stuff on the Deadendthrills website! Check the forums.

Omg thank you. That's exactly what I was looking for.

Great work on Alien:Isolation btw, total fan of the environment art work.

I have to admit that, when my wife and child are sleeping, I load up a save where the Alien isn't present, look for a nice view and secretly masturbate to these amazing visuals while moaning: Ripley, Ripley, Ripley......