Alien: Isolation

knj

That said, despite drawing so much of its strength from the license, the excellence of the audio design, the uncanny androids and the sense of the magnificent dread of space put me in mind of another game – System Shock 2. I think Alien: Isolation is the best scary sci-fi experience since SHODAN’s last appearance.

That is a massive compliment in my book. I'll be getting this in the next week or so.

Where the quote is from:

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2014/10/03/alien-isolation-review-pc/

Edited by dux

some screens i did.. i like the shader reflections, bloom effects and direct x smoke effects in the game.

as i understand the planet is jupiter in the solar system! however, during gameplay i found some minor bugs and glitchez. it was graphics glitches.

2ut29ew.png

1zwhld3.png

Edited by Taylor Swift

Been playing a lot more tonight. The Nostromo DLC stuff is pretty cool, if a little short. But I don't know what else they could have done with it really! The voices of all the old cast is exactly that; old. They sound like a bunch of OAPs now, and the voice actor that did Ash sounds like he's got some kind of weird lisp. Fun seeing those guys reprising their roles though!

I'm currently at the Systech spire, and I feel the game is kinda coming into it's own a lot more now. Started out fairly strong, then got a little weak during the Hospital area.... But now it's picking up again. Really enjoying it so far!

This is one of the areas I worked on, the Cryo Room from the original film and also the Torrens variant! This was a fun little task!

2014-10-07_00018.jpg

2014-10-07_00009.jpg

Holy shit, this game is visually impressive and spot on. Sound design is through the roof. I really feel like I'm walking around in the movie. Haven't played a lot yet but it's already pretty obvious that this was put together with a lot of love for the franchise.

CObWuBk.jpg