What have you cooked recently

blackdog

You do understand the difference between natural sugar and processed sugar, right? Reading what you wrote I don't think you are too sure. And no one has changed fruit, lol. Unless I haven't noticed america secretly injecting burgers into their bananas or something.

Shieeett bro, call da feds, dey meszin wit da froot! :v

Fructose is awful, so no, there is nothing great about "natural" sugars in fruit. It's just that historically, fructose levels were low. And yes, we have altered fruit, by selectively breeding fruits highest in fructose generation after generation. It's kind of like why all tomatoes you buy from a store nowadays tend to be so bland and flavorless, we've bred only the nice red shiny ones, which tend to be sort of bland and flavorless compared to "uglier" tomatoes. This is one of the reasons apples taste like candy nowadays, once upon a time you would take an apple off a tree and it would have fructose in it and therefore signal to your brain that this plant was most likely safe to eat, but it wasn't the arbitrarily high levels of fructose in modern apple crops. Modern fruit takes advantage of our brains' evolutionary reward system which is designed to respond to foods that are likely to keep us alive, fruits were historically some of the safest and least toxic food stuffs for early humans, but now we've fucked that all up by boosting sugars.

...But you're forgetting that we've done the same for animal products as well. Animals have since the 70s been fed food that would increase growth for slaughter. We're only now figuring out that maybe feeding them toxic stuff also rubs off on the end consumer (see: cancer). By contrast there was this one lady who only ate fruit and veggie for like 50 years and apparently she outlived everybody. I'm not one to judge whether or not there is something to it, but we definitely have to go out from the perspective that everything we eat and do is bad for us. Even the oxygen in the air we breathe slowly oxidates (i.e. sets on fire) our internal systems and skin - which also one of the main reasons for process of physical ageing.

Pick your poison - you might as well, you're not getting out of this alive.

Edited by Sentura

You do understand the difference between natural sugar and processed sugar, right? Reading what you wrote I don't think you are too sure. And no one has changed fruit, lol. Unless I haven't noticed america secretly injecting burgers into their bananas or something.

Shieeett bro, call da feds, dey meszin wit da froot! :v

Fructose is awful, so no, there is nothing great about "natural" sugars in fruit. It's just that historically, fructose levels were low. And yes, we have altered fruit, by selectively breeding fruits highest in fructose generation after generation. It's kind of like why all tomatoes you buy from a store nowadays tend to be so bland and flavorless, we've bred only the nice red shiny ones, which tend to be sort of bland and flavorless compared to "uglier" tomatoes. This is one of the reasons apples taste like candy nowadays, once upon a time you would take an apple off a tree and it would have fructose in it and therefore signal to your brain that this plant was most likely safe to eat, but it wasn't the arbitrarily high levels of fructose in modern apple crops. Modern fruit takes advantage of our brains' evolutionary reward system which is designed to respond to foods that are likely to keep us alive, fruits were historically some of the safest and least toxic food stuffs for early humans, but now we've fucked that all up by boosting sugars....But you're forgetting that we've done the same for animal products as well. Animals have since the 70s been fed food that would increase growth for slaughter. We're only now figuring out that maybe feeding them toxic stuff also rubs off on the end consumer (see: cancer). By contrast there was this one lady who only ate fruit and veggie for like 50 years and apparently she outlived everybody. I'm not one to judge whether or not there is something to it, but we definitely have to go out from the perspective that everything we eat and do is bad for us. Even the oxygen in the air we breathe slowly oxidates (i.e. sets on fire) our internal systems and skin - which also one of the main reasons for process of physical ageing.

Pick your poison - you might as well, you're not getting out of this alive. I agree which is why I buy grass fed shit. I don't think it's unhealthy or neurotic to avoid most fruit because most of its junky. Yes I'd eat all that shit if I lived on a farm in Italy, but I'd also probably binge on awesome wine too and cancel out all the healthy living. Bottom line to this epic tangent is Only a few great fruits, avocados ftw

My first moussaka.

D1TUZIx.jpg

In the pot to left there´s onion finely chopped, garlic cloves finely chopped, tomato paste, oil, beef mince, finely crushed tomatoes, oregano dried, salt, black pepper.

In the smaller one there´s bechamel sauce. Then parmigiana, salt, black pepper, sliced eggplant, sliced potatoes.

eR1MYxL.jpg

Put toghether.

4979WxK.jpg

Done.

Spellbinder is pretty much the boss of the thread

My uncle is a farmer, I guess i'm lucky with that :D

I know some people growing mirabelles in lorraine, basically they told me, the best fruits goes for export (because that's what is the more beneficial ) they keep some of the best for the local selling and their personnal enjoyment, and the worst and the rest go to supermarkets :v

Not to be nitpicky... but mussaka is a greek food, as far as i know and i remember eating there, they don't put bechamel on it, while -of course- they have feta cheese.

Prepared this way, seems my mum's lasagna when she wants to force my dad to eat some aubergines :D because also the original parmigiana has a different preparation.

Looks yummy though, i'd put loads of that in my face!

Seems like pizza drowned in cheese?

An affront to Italian cooking!

God damnit Sentura :v this was my 2nd attempt to making a pizza, maybe it does not look good but was pretty much great :D

spellbinder - the first one, there are baby potatoes, ground beef patties (i'm not sure if it's the right word) and green peas with carrots, the 2nd picture is "an affront to italian coocking" LOL :D there is only 60g of mozzarella cheese, it look silly cause my crust came out too thick

Edited by knj