arhurt

Going to the gym is like a korean MMORPG

Fastest way to loose fat is diet. About your asthma, since you're currently struggling with calisthenics I wonder if any type of weightlifting would cause the same issue which makes me think maybe it's not your asthma that's giving you issues on calisthenics? After all, it is pretty hard to do for an untrained body. 

I suggest looking up some good calisthenics routines & change the reps & sets to something you would be more comfortable with, that weight bar could help you in various ways as well but you also gotta look up exercises for that cause i'm too lazy to list all here, easiest way for that is to pick an area of your body you want to train and look up weight lifting exercises for that, gradually building knowledge + a nice routine suited for you.

18 minutes ago, Vorontsov said:

About your asthma, since you're currently struggling with calisthenics I wonder if any type of weightlifting would cause the same issue which makes me think maybe it's not your asthma that's giving you issues on calisthenics?

The thing is, i can run for like 200 meters then it feels like someone is strangling me, i always thought it was becaue i had bad cardio, but then i started running everyday for about two months. I improved my time but every 200 meters i could not breathe. Then my brother said he had that asthma and it kind of made sense. I used to lift and had less problem while lifting. I guess it is mostly noticable when i run and get my pulse up high.

On 13/12/2015 at 10:53 PM, TheOnlyDoubleF said:

EZ

Three trainings a week can be fine. You can start back with two or three weeks of full body training to get your body back on tracks. There, mainly practice polyarticular mass exercices (ask to people at the gym or google it(don't know if you've already done bodybuilding or not)). By doing this, you'll find exercices that fit you well, the ones you like or like. Write it down and keep them in mind, you'll build your true train with them.

After theses two or three weeks, you can start a split program on three days a week. I would split the body training like this : 
Training 1 : Pectoral / biceps / Abs 
Training 2: dorsal/triceps
Training 3: Legs / shoulders

For each training, first of all, warm your body up! 
Then, the two first exercices must be polyarticular mass exercices. This is the best way to gain body mass. Two warm-un exercices and the 4 series of 8 to 12 reps. It's not really useful to count the reps. This way you'll meet miss congestion, and you'll love her.

For the big muscles groups, The second exercice must be a polyarticular mass exercice. (pectoral, dorsal, legs).
For the little muscles groups (shoulders, biceps, triceps, calves, abs) , you can do a new polyarticular mass exercice or an insulation exercice. 

For the big muscles groups, The third exercice must be a polyarticular mass exercice. (pectoral, dorsal, legs).
You can also do isulation exercices for all the muscles groupes but the big one will be more difficult to work out on isolation. 4 series of 10 to 15 reps
Same for the fourth exercices. 

Firth series, same but you can do more reps and take less rest. 

Finally, stretch your body !!!

For the diet, you have to decrease : 
- the salt, the white bread, white pasta and rice, dairy products, prepared dishes full of salt, sodas, biscuits, sugars etc
Why salt? Salt causes water retention and make syou thirsty so you drink sodas or beers.

Select : whole-wheat cerals pasta, rice and bread, eat more and more fruits and vegetables, fowl meat, meat, meat and meat, eggs and finally, fish. 

This can be progressive 'cause it can be tough to follow. 

You'r good to go. :D

@Tisky Come on bro

Don't lift too heavy, learn how to do the exercice and progressively change your diet. Keep a good objective.

I would say more things about diet today though as it is at least 60% of getting your body in shape. Low fat and low sugar is a good way to start I think. Don't do 0% right away, it would be too hard. It's not a sprint, it's a fucking marathon. 

However, you have to find what fits you the best 'cause advices are good, but everybody is different. Body don't always behave the same way. I did it for example by reduicing salt, fat and sugar and compensating snacking ('cause that's my huge problem) by green tea and fruits. I eat lots of vegetables. I personnally can't eat 3 meals a day. It's too much for me. 

May be you should follow a youtube channel. I only know the French guys but @dux can probably share some with you. 

Thanks for the reply! I always thought rice and whole wheat pasta was a No-go. I usually eat chicken and broccoli so i get hungry Very fast. Did not know the salt thing either, good tip!!

Also i always felt i had to work out, Every day. 3 Times Sounds less consuming. 

I will try this and find some exercises on youtube! You really got me more motivated with that reply, Thank you! 😊

:Edit: Is coffe good or bad!? I mean the caffeine, it makes you thirsty if i remember correctly. Maybe i should try green Tea :)

Edited by Tisky

Coffee is fine. I drink shit tonnes of the stuff.

Working out is easy. Diet is the hard part. Best advice I can give you is just mind what you eat. Read the macros on the back. Count your calories. I use myfitnesspal to track what I eat. I could write a book on what you can do to start off. Just find some weights and use them at home. Dumbells, barbell, whatever. Just start.

Edited by dux

1 hour ago, TheOnlyDoubleF said:

I don't know that. I don't drink coffee so I never looked for such info. 

Coffee is fine in moderation - don't overdo it though. It is a diarrhetic. But to overdo it you need to drink like 10 cups a day (I'm currently on number 2 of a normal 4-5 cups per day :/).

22 hours ago, Tisky said:

I will try this and find some exercises on youtube!

Watch out for all the pro buff people throwing every possible exercise at you. From personal experience, I've found it best to concentrate on one kind of workout routine for a few months. Learn how to maintain good posture and correctly go through the motions. I think this is something a lot of people overlook and then end up injuring themselves. Like dux mentioned, get some weights and start at home. I would recommend this for you:

Also, get yourself checked on that effort asthma. It's better to have a professional opinion on the matter.

19 hours ago, Radu said:

Also, get yourself checked on that effort asthma. It's better to have a professional opinion on the matter.

There is a test you gotta do here i think, will ask my brother what it is called and get an appointment :)

Started the diet, fuck. Im used to eat a sandwich every now and then, but nope. So far so good! I've been eating eggs for breakfast, and two small meals / day. Works pretty good! Im feeling slimmer already and i've been doing powerwalks. Have a cold so i use that as an excuse for not looking up where my weights are. All in all, thanks for the advices, i actually feel i am on the right path, i just have to stay away from temptation (like at work, where everybody have started bringing cake for some fucking reason).

I wouldn't call it a diet. A diet is something you do for a period of time that I don't think is very beneficial in the long term. When people "diet" they will eventually come off of it, and they regain the weight because they go back to how they used to eat. Just change how you eat and what you eat and keep it that way. Eat whatever you want, just eat sensibly. You can have cake. Just not all of it. But if you do have all of it, work harder in the gym. Calories in calories out.

Edited by dux

Yes, you are right Dux. Diets are for old chicks anyway haha.

So, first weeks result is 3 kgs less, but it feels like 10 less. I know its alot of water missing now but i am more than happy with the result. Its nice to see that i am eating right because i haven't been hungry at all! 

I actually liked cooking meals this week, trying new things with great results!

Anyway, after a week of meat i am going wild with more chicken, will probably try to cook salmon also even tho i don't like it. Time for my scrambled eggs baby! 

2 weeks, almost 5 kgs now. Been hard this weekend to not buy the "good stuff" since we had amazing weather here in sweden. I started reading about the paper-towel analogy for some reason and it actually helped me resist beer, snacks and what not this weekend! 

The lesson to be learned is that fat, like paper towels, comes off in sheets. When you are heavy, you are big around. And when you are big around, that fat is spread over a MUCH larger area - just like that outside towel sheet. The closer you get to the lean you, the more each lost pound of fat shows, because it is spread over a smaller area.

While the outside sheet may only cover 1 layer of the roll, the inside sheet may go around 4 times. That last sheet looks like it gives you 4 times the results of the first sheet, but in reality, the results are the same - your perception is just different! And you’ll never see the inside, if you aren’t patient while the outside is coming off!

:)