arhurt

Going to the gym is like a korean MMORPG

Went to the gym for the first time in a year almost, and haven't been working out seriously since 2012. I did a set of deadlift with 26kg's and had no trouble lifting it, but when I tried to do it again my legs were in so much pain. I really need to get my strength back so I don't get hurt by every little thing. :/ Had no problem with the upper body, no pain at all, but the legs damn...

Update time!

Since 3rd of january until yesterday i had lost 11kgs. Feeling so much better now and i cannot believe ive managed to reach halfway already, my goal was -20 until the summer. Soooo nice!

So, what are your training and diet programs? 

Edited by TheOnlyDoubleF

Update time!

Since 3rd of january until yesterday i had lost 11kgs. Feeling so much better now and i cannot believe ive managed to reach halfway already, my goal was -20 until the summer. Soooo nice!

that's great!

Sorry I don't want to be a buzzkill, but when you need to lose weight and you do it seriously, you actually do it very fast. Problem is when you get to the last couple of extra kilos: that seems to never go away! ;)

ps:

Edited by blackdog

Got some new PBs! :D

Cracked out a set of 350kg on the Leg Press, and hit a ceiling on my Rack Pulls: Trying to lift 150kg but my grip is failing me! A couple of sessions now my forearms have got so pumped that not only is it very difficult to flex my wrists, but my hands go paper white and finger nails go dark purple / blue :|

Diet's not been great the last few weeks for a variety of reasons, but I'm definitely seeing more tone in my upper body, arms, and legs which is very encouraging :D I'm absolutely loving the post gym muscle aches. It's been so good for my state of mind.

Sadly I'm between gyms atm as I'm waiting on a transfer date on the house, so it could still fall through and don't wish to tie myself into a gym for 12 months that I don't even live near. Managing in the mean time with the gym for my personal training sessions.

So, what are your training and diet programs? 

It's no training. I power-walked 5 km's 2 times then i have had zero time for it (single-father with my kids full-time). 

I eat oatmeal or quark (i have no idea if that is translated correctly), for breakfast. Lunch is 1dl wholegrain-pasta with meat, sometimes i eat without the pasta. 1 Chicken filét with vegetables.
Also, sometimes i skip and eat 2 boiled eggs if im not that hungry. Drinking alot of water.

I know it sounds like not enough food but i am not that hungry anymore. My goal is to start working out more at home soon but i gotta afford some weights :)

Ate a donut this saturday, my sister brought some for me while visiting so i could not resist it. Felt like i was getting high on dope, damn sugar!

Edited by Tisky

Use wrist straps.

I've had really mixed feelings about straps. I don't want to be able to lift more than I can physically hold without aid, but at the same time I don't want my grip to slow me down...

What I discussed with my PT was to use the straps only my final set, so now I need to buy them... Any suggestions?

I don't use them personally but I imagine they are all pretty much one and the same. It is essentially what they are for, though: When your grip is letting you down. You could also try chalk that can help a lot.

Hitting 30 and "strangely" i'm thinking about working out. I've been doing excercices at home like pushups, tractions and the like for several months now. So far it worked well, especially when i step up gradually the charge with more difficult positions or a heavy backpack. But i was thinking to use some equipement to be able to do more isolation work since i'm tall, thin with long arms. The thing is, I'm not too fond of the idea to go to the gym, it's expensive and a bit far from where i live, plus i like the idea to chill, put my own music and take my time at home.  

Is there any of you guys doing this at home ? What would you advise me to invest in for the basics of something more serious than just exercices with bodyweight ?

@KoKo5oVaR If you have space at home I would really recommend investing in equipment that would allow you to do Benchpress, Squat & Deadlift at minimum, since these are the three that matter the most. Along with that get a couple of dumbbells and some bodyweight equipment if that's what you call it (like a pull-up bar or for dips) and you should be set for life :).

With this you can pretty much do any exercise imaginable, I don't know how costly it can get though, that's all up to your intuition.