arhurt

Going to the gym is like a korean MMORPG

Was away over the last week and used the hotel gym and pool almost everyday. First time I've not ached after going which I can only associate to staying on it. On the Saturday cycled and walked for a combined 2.5 hours and then still went to the gym and for a swim after :D

Also had first proper workout session with personal trainer last night. Pushed myself to muscle failure on bicep curls, tricep extensions, squats, and face pulls. Had to do my squats with a 20kg kettle bell as the squat rack was quite narrow and i couldn't comfortably get my arms behind me to hold the bar :(

I also had to skip the lunges due to what I could only describe as shin splints, which I've suffered with for a while now.

Day after I feel good! really good :) 

Guys!
Media, and cash garbing trainers, specially on-line now, makes from diets ect, rocket science. If you want to just get lean here what you need to do:
- go to da GYM
- start counting calories

- DO NOT CUT to zero stuff you like, sweets, fast foods ect, if you cut it out completely, it will get to you hard, and your new restricted diet, will be hell for you, so very quickly you will drop it TRUST ME!  and go back to old eating habits.

IT as easy as it gets:

you want gains? eat more than you metabolism rate daily needs,
you want cut? eat less - that is fucking it, I mean as long as you're just a regular guy who want to get bigger/leaner.
Of you course you need to do it SMART and not to fuck up you metabolism rate, but if you need more info, hit me UP.

Judging by Bevielis respond, that article want's you to cut off carbs? Srsly guys? Some people like it that way, for me no carbs = staying in bad, carbs are energy that your body needs every day just to function, to move, to digest ect.

Stop reading to those internet fucking bull shit. I'm the perfect example that it works, IIFYM look it up. It's big controversy cause this how it works.
Of course don't eat all calorie from MC or other shit, you need vitamins and other micro elements, but flexible dieting will get you where you want to be, and will not make a HELL out of you diet!

Peace ! 

Edited by knj

contrary to what has been said, the article I linked didn't say to cut off carbs, it just said starvation mode doesn't exist. No energy in your body is exempt from being used, and it's backing up that fact with sources every step of the way. Your body can't magically conjure up calories to make up for stuff you don't eat.

I agree with @knj that counting calories is the best way to control your diet, which is also something the article makes a huge point of.

Well since I started this topic a LOT has changed in my life.

I went on and off of both my low-carb diet and the Gym. I nowadays have a day-to-day low carb diet but do allow myself treats on weekends, social ocasions and such. The secret for me has been staying disciplined on my day-to-day so I can go crazy on special occasions. Now that also means that SOME "special occasions" have been downgraded to "not-so-special". I go out a lot with my co-workers and if I kept drinking beer and burgers every time we hang out there would be no way to keep in shape. The secret for me has been accepting that these are not special occasions and I can keep myself happy with light food and juices, if I really want to drink I get a shot of Whyskey or something else instead of the absurd ammounts of beer I used to drink =p

ourcurriculum_shaolinarts_yingzhaofanzik

But the biggest change on my fitness life has been dropping the Gym as a main activity. Me and my Grilfriend have started on Kung-fu lessons and I can't tell you enough how parctcing such a martial art has changed our lifestyle. We have never been healthier and more in shape, despite eating whatever we like. We are by no means "model-fit" but we are in shape. I've been able to perform jumps and kicks that I never thought possible before. If the Gym is like a koream MMO we have finally gotten to the best guild and are doing regular raids with them.

The training is heavy. We go in twice a week (and run on the weekends to keep in shape) starting off with warm-up and cardio then practcing stances and kicks/punches and then training on whatever the master tells us to. We do Eagle Claw Kung-fu and I'm almost to the point where a weapon will be assigned to me (cross my fingers for long-spear) and we finish off with core muscle-building and relaxation.

It's been great, Kung-fu has been the perfect balance between a full physical activity, something intriguing and exciting to work with and adding to our plives both physically, mentally and emotionally.

Well since I started this topic a LOT has changed in my life.

I went on and off of both my low-carb diet and the Gym. I nowadays have a day-to-day low carb diet but do allow myself treats on weekends, social ocasions and such. The secret for me has been staying disciplined on my day-to-day so I can go crazy on special occasions. Now that also means that SOME "special occasions" have been downgraded to "not-so-special". I go out a lot with my co-workers and if I kept drinking beer and burgers every time we hang out there would be no way to keep in shape. The secret for me has been accepting that these are not special occasions and I can keep myself happy with light food and juices, if I really want to drink I get a shot of Whyskey or something else instead of the absurd ammounts of beer I used to drink =p

ourcurriculum_shaolinarts_yingzhaofanzik

But the biggest change on my fitness life has been dropping the Gym as a main activity. Me and my Grilfriend have started on Kung-fu lessons and I can't tell you enough how parctcing such a martial art has changed our lifestyle. We have never been healthier and more in shape, despite eating whatever we like. We are by no means "model-fit" but we are in shape. I've been able to perform jumps and kicks that I never thought possible before. If the Gym is like a koream MMO we have finally gotten to the best guild and are doing regular raids with them.

The training is heavy. We go in twice a week (and run on the weekends to keep in shape) starting off with warm-up and cardio then practcing stances and kicks/punches and then training on whatever the master tells us to. We do Eagle Claw Kung-fu and I'm almost to the point where a weapon will be assigned to me (cross my fingers for long-spear) and we finish off with core muscle-building and relaxation.

It's been great, Kung-fu has been the perfect balance between a full physical activity, something intriguing and exciting to work with and adding to our plives both physically, mentally and emotionally.

It's cool seeing other people also practice some kind of Kung Fu. I do Baji Quan myself (if you were interested in spear, this would probably be a style to consider) which is a great workout as well since it's all about using all of your power in one hit. There's not a lot of cardio and most of the power is internal, so I combine the training with going to the gym right before, ending up in some 3-4 hour long training sessions 2 times a week.
Edited by Sentura

Still plodding along nicely with progress. Thing I'm most proud of recently was a 15 rep 100kg rack lift (2 sets previously of 60kg then 80kg)

My weight has plateaued, but my measurements are still decreasing :)

Being slowed down on lower body work by excruciating shin splints :( If I can get the position just right I can work around it, but I love squats and deadlifts!

Reading the last couple of posts reminds me of my Judo days... I might see if the mrs wants to try something like that. Apply her fists of fury to something that isn't me, lol.

Okay so i need tips and tricks. 

After my girlfriend left me and moved far away, i'm stuck with my two daughters and instead of muscled i have alot of fat now. I have zero time for the gym!

Well, i have weekends when the kids are at their mothers but only gym 3 days / week? Is it worth the money for a gym-card? I also tried eating healthy,

but i ended up eating 1 chicken filét everyday because i had no idea what to eat instead. As you can hear i really really need a kick in the butt and pro-tips. 

Well, i have weekends when the kids are at their mothers but only gym 3 days / week? Is it worth the money for a gym-card? I also tried eating healthy,

but i ended up eating 1 chicken filét everyday because i had no idea what to eat instead. As you can hear i really really need a kick in the butt and pro-tips. 

EZ

Three trainings a week can be fine. You can start back with two or three weeks of full body training to get your body back on tracks. There, mainly practice polyarticular mass exercices (ask to people at the gym or google it(don't know if you've already done bodybuilding or not)). By doing this, you'll find exercices that fit you well, the ones you like or like. Write it down and keep them in mind, you'll build your true train with them.

After theses two or three weeks, you can start a split program on three days a week. I would split the body training like this : 
Training 1 : Pectoral / biceps / Abs 
Training 2: dorsal/triceps
Training 3: Legs / shoulders

For each training, first of all, warm your body up! 
Then, the two first exercices must be polyarticular mass exercices. This is the best way to gain body mass. Two warm-un exercices and the 4 series of 8 to 12 reps. It's not really useful to count the reps. This way you'll meet miss congestion, and you'll love her.

For the big muscles groups, The second exercice must be a polyarticular mass exercice. (pectoral, dorsal, legs).
For the little muscles groups (shoulders, biceps, triceps, calves, abs) , you can do a new polyarticular mass exercice or an insulation exercice. 

For the big muscles groups, The third exercice must be a polyarticular mass exercice. (pectoral, dorsal, legs).
You can also do isulation exercices for all the muscles groupes but the big one will be more difficult to work out on isolation. 4 series of 10 to 15 reps
Same for the fourth exercices. 

Firth series, same but you can do more reps and take less rest. 

Finally, stretch your body !!!

For the diet, you have to decrease : 
- the salt, the white bread, white pasta and rice, dairy products, prepared dishes full of salt, sodas, biscuits, sugars etc
Why salt? Salt causes water retention and make syou thirsty so you drink sodas or beers.

Select : whole-wheat cerals pasta, rice and bread, eat more and more fruits and vegetables, fowl meat, meat, meat and meat, eggs and finally, fish. 

This can be progressive 'cause it can be tough to follow. 

You'r good to go. :D

EZ

Three trainings a week can be fine. You can start back with two or three weeks of full body training to get your body back on tracks. There, mainly practice polyarticular mass exercices (ask to people at the gym or google it(don't know if you've already done bodybuilding or not)). By doing this, you'll find exercices that fit you well, the ones you like or like. Write it down and keep them in mind, you'll build your true train with them.

After theses two or three weeks, you can start a split program on three days a week. I would split the body training like this : 
Training 1 : Pectoral / biceps / Abs 
Training 2: dorsal/triceps
Training 3: Legs / shoulders

For each training, first of all, warm your body up! 
Then, the two first exercices must be polyarticular mass exercices. This is the best way to gain body mass. Two warm-un exercices and the 4 series of 8 to 12 reps. It's not really useful to count the reps. This way you'll meet miss congestion, and you'll love her.

For the big muscles groups, The second exercice must be a polyarticular mass exercice. (pectoral, dorsal, legs).
For the little muscles groups (shoulders, biceps, triceps, calves, abs) , you can do a new polyarticular mass exercice or an insulation exercice. 

For the big muscles groups, The third exercice must be a polyarticular mass exercice. (pectoral, dorsal, legs).
You can also do isulation exercices for all the muscles groupes but the big one will be more difficult to work out on isolation. 4 series of 10 to 15 reps
Same for the fourth exercices. 

Firth series, same but you can do more reps and take less rest. 

Finally, stretch your body !!!

For the diet, you have to decrease : 
- the salt, the white bread, white pasta and rice, dairy products, prepared dishes full of salt, sodas, biscuits, sugars etc
Why salt? Salt causes water retention and make syou thirsty so you drink sodas or beers.

Select : whole-wheat cerals pasta, rice and bread, eat more and more fruits and vegetables, fowl meat, meat, meat and meat, eggs and finally, fish. 

This can be progressive 'cause it can be tough to follow. 

You'r good to go. :D

Thanks man!!

Really got me pumped for actually doing this. Since there is X-mas coming i will postpone my start untill the 25th of December, new years is overrated anyway :P

Would love to get recipes for meals if anyone would like to share?