FMPONE

Godzilla (2014)

This movie was awesome, I enjoyed every bit of it! If you don't like it that's probably because you had wild expectations or just don't like the genre at all, since it is pretty much an old school Godzilla movie but with good effects. This movie had no political agenda, no stupid puns, no badass Robert Downey Jr like characters, etc... That felt refreshing :)

My advice?

- Don't expect this to be breaking bad

- Don't expect this to be anything other than a kickass super monster movie

- Don't expect anything at all, just enjoy the movie for what it is

I couldn't agree more. If it weren't for Godzilla being in the movie it seems the humans would be helpless, and it was a good thing he was hunting the M.U.T.O.s and not us.

Sure, the movie didn't have the best script and lacked on-screen time for the monsters, but you can't please all the critics. While some wanted the movie to go in the direction of having an excellent script and superstar cast, others preferred the movie to be a summer blockbuster with big scary monsters destroying cities, which ultimately is the purpose the movie served. They had plenty of human involvement and that is unfortunately what the masses want. (The movie to be about them)

I think the producers achieved what they wanted, and the movie will entertain most, but if you're going in expecting an amazing script like There Will Be Blood or Pulp Fiction, you're going to be disappointed.

Edited by xCuDi

This movie was awesome, I enjoyed every bit of it! If you don't like it that's probably because you had wild expectations or just don't like the genre at all, since it is pretty much an old school Godzilla movie but with good effects. This movie had no political agenda, no stupid puns, no badass Robert Downey Jr like characters, etc... That felt refreshing :)

My advice?

Why would anyone think this movie was gonna be like Breaking Bad? lol

My advice?

Why would anyone think this movie was gonna be like Breaking Bad? lol

Just because it has the Breaking Bad guy. Seriously.

I liked it for what it was, it was dumb and enjoyable. There was a lot of emphasis on Da Navy but as a military enthusiast, I didn't mind that plus from the credits, they actually used the real US navy which makes the portrayal pretty realistic (apart from the huge monsters tearing up cities thing).

Pretty annoyed that Cranston dies early on in the film, I think the film would have been better had he remained in it, his son was pretty bland as a character.

I'd give it 7/10