FMPONE

Godzilla (2014)

Just watched Pacific Rim for the first time this weekend, and will probably be following up with Godzilla soon. It's going to take something good to beat the awesome-ass nature of the former, which just had so much fun with its concept it was a joy to watch. :D

Too long, too boring, too loud. The movie isn't trying to tell us a story, just showing the nostalgia of old lowcost japaneses movies. And Army using pewpew versus gigantic monsters.

Could have been 1000x better if they didn't focus on the navy (like in every movie about a disaster ravaging a city) and tried something audacious. but they kept a classical american scenario, blank, seen 100 hundred times.

At least, the FX were nice.

OjuQJ9S.gif

I liked the movie but I think they could make it with different points of view and not only by a American soldier...this is what I didn't liked. This guys is like a hero from CoD, he is able to be at every places when there is something important happening and he is able to make a lot of job to join different military corps.

Perhaps I waited a movie filmed more like a documentary and told from different persons with more story in the Japan area (imagine Tokyo with these monsters).

But, hey, I really appreciate the show ;-)_

It was a decent movie, I was entertained enough :). I thought the beginning of the movie was amazingly done because it had great pacing, acting and mystery. The end fight (the only real fight Scene) was also worth the wait, but everything else (majority of the movie) was pretty forgettable. 

Edited by Grinwhrl

I liked the movie but I think they could make it with different points of view and not only by a American soldier...this is what I didn't liked. This guys is like a hero from CoD, he is able to be at every places when there is something important happening and he is able to make a lot of job to join different military corps.

Perhaps I waited a movie filmed more like a documentary and told from different persons with more story in the Japan area (imagine Tokyo with these monsters).

But, hey, I really appreciate the show ;-)_

I would explain it differently, like in many movies, there is something thatjust feel "off" : like you said, the main character is everwhere the movie need him, but it's not the character's fault > that's the fault of the scriptwriters : the script looks very flat and predictable : problem > heroes has solution, question > heroes has answers, etc... They is no quest, the characters already knows everything ("they are male and female, and they are heading to... TADAMMM... California !")... The human are not represented here, just a bunch of dumb rambo with pew-pew.

In fact i'm really disapointed by the difference between the trailers / teaser and the movie : i thought i would be like a quest for humanity, when in the trailer they were explaining since when they were trying to kill Godzilla with nuclear bombs in pacific... but this aspect was set aside in favor of a result of events that fit together perfectly perfect one after the other. Too perfectly in fact, and suddenly we no longer believe.

I found the first part really interresting, a bit long and slow, but nice. Until the middle part where we discover the first Muto : and here stars the non-stop action with the non-script, and the last part wich I just found really long and boring with endless battles and godzilla shrieks.

But reading my critic again, I can't say it's a bad movie, It's just a decent primitive blockbuster.

PS : oh and ffs, why the KickAss actor would like to looklike CaptainAmerica actor §§§§

PPS et désolé si c'est incompréhensible, c'est plus facile de s'expliquer en lefrench :D

Edited by Em'

Just saw it last night. I really enjoyed it but there are some serious flaws regarding the plot, particularly how it just constantly ropes Ford in to keep a single human element throughout the film. It felt unnessacary and made Godzilla a supporting cast member in his own movie. The fights are great and there are some awesome throwbacks that I did not expect at all, but as fun as it was I don't think it was as good as Pacific Rim.

Edited by MrSkellyBones

I didn't understand the Godzilla status. Is he working for the Navy ? Where was he during all this time ? I didn't liked the movie to focus on the first muto and then Godzilla land from nowhere... I was like "Da frouak!?"  :???:

80% of the movie is american army, 20% godzilla

I liked this movie, but i agree, they should put a little less "human drama" and make it more fight shit, when the movie ended i was like - OK it's good but there is something missing. Now i know that it should have more kaiju scenes / fights. I liked this new Godzilla, but as far as action goes Pacific Rim is much better imo.

I didn't understand the Godzilla status. Is he working for the Navy ? Where was he during all this time ? I didn't liked the movie to focus on the first muto and then Godzilla land from nowhere... I was like "Da frouak!?"  :???:

But this is godzilla, some shit is goind down, so he is out kicking some asses. As for me that hunting "mode" was OK

Edited by knj

The movie was meh. The human part of the movie only really shined if the scene had Bryan Cranston in it (bless him for doing his best with shitty dialogue). Apart from him the monsters really carried the movie. I had some hope for Ken Watanabe but he spent most of the movie with a bewildered look on his face. At least the monster fights were pretty cool.

All in all, I'd say it's worth a watch on the big screen just to see giant monsters duking it out (same reason any of us went to see Pacific Rim). Just remember to switch off your brain prior to viewing.

I would rather watch the awesome teaser trailers over and over than have to watch this from start to finish again. I was so excited, but it was incredibly disappointing imo.

I was hoping Bryan Cranston would carry this film, but...  :shake:

Godzilla looked derpy and seemed to be more of an extra. Much preferred Pacific Rim!

Edited by Nerve

This movie was awesome, I enjoyed every bit of it! If you don't like it that's probably because you had wild expectations or just don't like the genre at all, since it is pretty much an old school Godzilla movie but with good effects. This movie had no political agenda, no stupid puns, no badass Robert Downey Jr like characters, etc... That felt refreshing :)

My advice?

- Don't expect this to be breaking bad

- Don't expect this to be anything other than a kickass super monster movie

- Don't expect anything at all, just enjoy the movie for what it is