knj

HotLine Miami II

This is basicly more of the same, and I'm cool with that ! :)

A lil bit too much "story" for my taste, but good music and fucking shit up is good ! Don't know why it has so average reviews

just beat the game yesterday afternoon its pretty awesome BUT it is also buggy:

-people spinning in place slow (maybe on purpose like they are on drugs on something ... always seem to be the same guys)

-people spinning in place super fast usualy around a corner or doorframe

-sometimes my punches didnt register when they were through an open doorway even though the sprites visabily overlapped and the door was wide open

-2 times i had all doors in a level "unopenable" and i was sort of invisible to the ai ^^ (both times on the same map "first trial")

-there is one level (i think its a police station) were you spawn outside of the hollywood style soundstage set walls held up by wooden beams where the "exit/nextroom trigger" is outside of the game camera frame know which one i mean ? when you spawn on the next room i spawned inside the wall and had to wiggle myself free each time i respawned ... the whole thing might have been intentional because its clearly purposefully super trippy and forth-wall breaking.

its not better than the first one but i think its AS GOOD

so i highly recommend it.

Been playing it for a couple of days. As good as the previous one. Hard as fuck but that was to be expected. A bit more artsy and a lot more story to it. Actually found the story to be quite

interesting even though it's hard to follow sometimes as it's jumping between different characters and dates. 4/5 in my books, would recommend.

EDIT: Also the soundtrack is amazing just like the previous one :)

Edited by JAL

Getting shot by some shotgun guy from outside the view is always fun, especially when I have no way to counter it besides relying on luck.  :v

Lure him out by using loud weapons

Doesn't work always. The hallway was L-shaped and it also had those heavy guys nearby, which would've forced to chainsaw them and that leads me being immobile for the time being. Game isn't really made for "Go in and tear them apart" when going with melee, now it's just luring and cheesing out on doorways.  :sad:

You also have the long range aim at your disposal, which basically makes you able to see most levels in their entirety. With either of those I don't see how you can't kill them.

The one which involves holding shift and moving around? Nope, wasn't enough, I was far away to not see their patrol route, so I had to go there myself and hope they weren't at the end of hallway I was heading at.

I got through it eventually, I should've mentioned that. It just wasn't really skillful thing and more of a just hoping for the best and luckily it did.

Playing the first one for the first time. Goddamn it makes me giggle like an idiot. This game fucking owns.

There's nothing quite like getting your face smashed in by the smash baseball bat on the 600th attempt. It's a difficult game at times but I never find it unfair or frustrating 

It's great, but there's a few kinks and bugs I'd of wish they would have fixed, some of which were also present in the first game. I can't get past the 15th scene because there's a collider in the way of the exit even when everyone's dead. I also had some lesser bugs happen, like npcs getting stuck in doors and this weird aim bug that caused me to not be able to rotate my character for like half a scene.

The gameplay and story are solid though, here's to hoping they'll fix these issues soon.

I totally agree with all the bugs. I just can't understand why doorways are so tight! Nor can't I understand why they didn't put more effort into npc sight/detection vs collisions, sometimes it just feels reaaally off. 

Here are some more things I find questionable:

• Why are "fat thugs" blocking your bullets after you hit them and they're bleeding out? Enemies shouldn't have friendly fire but an impenetrable meat fortress that's always aligned with you and the enemies behind you really is unfair. What do you think?
  • There is some issues with the readability in the game, one of the examples is obstacles that are based on height; oftentimes it's really hard to judge whether a counter/shelf/tv can be shot over or not. 

Though all in all I still love the game, soundtrack so sexy it hurts!

It's great, but there's a few kinks and bugs I'd of wish they would have fixed, some of which were also present in the first game. I can't get past the 15th scene because there's a collider in the way of the exit even when everyone's dead. I also had some lesser bugs happen, like npcs getting stuck in doors and this weird aim bug that caused me to not be able to rotate my character for like half a scene.

The gameplay and story are solid though, here's to hoping they'll fix these issues soon.

I totally agree with all the bugs. I just can't understand why doorways are so tight! Nor can't I understand why they didn't put more effort into npc sight/detection vs collisions, sometimes it just feels reaaally off. 

Here are some more things I find questionable:

• Why are "fat thugs" blocking your bullets after you hit them and they're bleeding out? Enemies shouldn't have friendly fire but an impenetrable meat fortress that's always aligned with you and the enemies behind you really is unfair. What do you think?
  • There is some issues with the readability in the game, one of the examples is obstacles that are based on height; oftentimes it's really hard to judge whether a counter/shelf/tv can be shot over or not. 

Though all in all I still love the game, soundtrack so sexy it hurts!

I agree with you, it happens a lot that that a group of enemies rushes me and a fat guy is with them. Even if you have a shotgun that can be very effective or an automatic weapon, the big guy will be a wall. That's not really an issue, but as you said THEY can still shoot you through him (and you can't !). Same problem with obstacle heights, i don't always understand it but yea ... It's a die and retry so it doesn't matter too much.

It's a really difficult game but when you succeed to clear a level, it's really satisfying :)

Getting shot by some shotgun guy from outside the view is always fun, especially when I have no way to counter it besides relying on luck.  :v

Yeah. I actually think this is kind of a flaw in the level design on some parts of the game.

There's a lot of this "oh I died, apparently there's a dude with a shotgun at the end of this hall and it's impossible for me to see him. I guess I'll remember that next time."

So the design is giving the player practically no other choice but to die for the first time and try again. This does cause some serious rage especially if it's the last enemy in the area :lol:

Yeah. I actually think this is kind of a flaw in the level design on some parts of the game.

There's a lot of this "oh I died, apparently there's a dude with a shotgun at the end of this hall and it's impossible for me to see him. I guess I'll remember that next time."

So the design is giving the player practically no other choice but to die for the first time and try again. This does cause some serious rage especially if it's the last enemy in the area :lol:

I think the levels are bigger compared to the first game

I did the 4 stage mission today where you use all the fans one by one. It seems the enemies have a longer line of sight than you most of the time. I don't remember this being an issue in the last game.

Sadly the best method seems to be making a loud noise and then killing them all as they rush you (using a door as cover)

Edited by Vaya

I think the levels are bigger compared to the first game

I did the 4 stage mission today where you use all the fans one by one. It seems the enemies have a longer line of sight than you most of the time. I don't remember this being an issue in the last game.

Sadly the best method seems to be making a loud noise and then killing them all as they rush you (using a door as cover)

#thetruth