Mirrors Edge Catalyst

knj

mirrors_edge_e3_2013_xdbog.png

mirrors_edge_e3_2013_cvlu4.png

mirrors_edge_e3_2013_aqa13.png

mirrors_edge_e3_2013_zdyhh.png

After looking really closely at all this released media, I'm a tinny winy little bit concerned at the lack of that bold colored areas we saw on the first game. It seems they are trying to embrace more of that sleek almost stylized photo realistic vibe and less of the bold saturated and colorful look of the first. Please, let me be wrong.

Also, curious fact, it seems to be running on Frostbite engine too, I can tell because of the overuseage of the chromatic abberation and render style / AO is very similar to battlefields.

I see what you're saying HP, definitely more colour in the original. That said, the new style looks significantly better to me — I also can't believe how primitive ME1 looks now in comparison. It once looked so amazing. :gonk:

I think as long as they maintain the main point of the colour, which is to give the player clear direction, it'll work great.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• MapCore on Discord

• Our picks

• Post in Yanzl's Source Emporium
      Two new asset releases!

First up is Basalt. Sadly I can't release all of the assets as some of the nature stuff is from Megascans and can't be redistributed. Also only includes the assets I've made.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/e86kdqwpvhhs5x6/Basalt.zip?dl=0

Second one is assets I've made for Pitstop. A small release that includes some road and concrete trim textures, a bunch of sponsors and some skybox buildings that might be useful.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/x6tn3b6nfo2u77d/Pitstop.zip?dl=0

As always, free for non-commercial use with attribution.