Mirrors Edge Catalyst

knj

There are three settings: Off, Classic, and Full View. Depending on your player style you’ll be able to pick a fitting setting. If you want your exploration to be completely undisturbed you can turn Runner’s Vision off, and if you want some guidance to keep momentum, Classic and Full View are good choices.

Regarding the red help system

Feels like the game would have been better off as a  third person game. The melee system seems to take up a lot of screen real estate, and it seems weird that we have to see the takedown in third person after you perform all your actions in first person. First person view also seems to unnaturally restrict vision, to the point where I could see running around in a hectic environment being nauseating for some people.

Also as a general note for a lot of games that do this, I really dislike when characters run (or are performing an action) in a cutscene, only to see them return to idle, beginning to run or perform the exact same action afterward.

But hey, maybe it does have that little slice of fun that will make it worthwhile.

11 hours ago, Evert said:

There are three settings: Off, Classic, and Full View. Depending on your player style you’ll be able to pick a fitting setting. If you want your exploration to be completely undisturbed you can turn Runner’s Vision off, and if you want some guidance to keep momentum, Classic and Full View are good choices.

Regarding the red help system

Since you are well informed, do you know if there will be some kind of demo or benchmark available before buying the game? Maybe a 30min or 1h our trial on origin or something? 

It seems the game could suffer from bad sales if people are afraid they can't run the game properly, since it has already high minimum specs.

I don't really know if the game will be as good as the first one, but we all should give it a try atleast, because i recognized in the last two months, and since the first gamplay material came online, the people out there started hating on the game, and i really don't know why, because it's still in the Beta phase, but yeah, the first one is, i think not able to be topped again, even by it's own creators. 

Cheers 

• 1 month later...

So... Crickets... :? The game has been out for half a week-ish. Any thoughts or comments? :)
It's been pretty interesting following the reception to say the least, was expecting some polarization but not THAT much.

Some stuff on ArtStation but seems like not a lot of environments yet: https://www.artstation.com/artist/fabienchristin/collections/71235

Yeah what happened to this? I've not googled or anything but I was looking forward to it and was seeing advertisements and then silence. Is it really bad?

I still got my copy wrapped, still playing through Quantum Break and Overwatch is stealing a lot of my time too. I'm actually REALLY looking forward to play this but there's only as many hours in a day, and I like to finish the games that I start.

I hope to see some more environment breakdowns on artstation soon, that lighting talk, both Pontus and Said's portfolio left me hungry for more! :D Game looks amazing, congrats to whole team, specifically the envs/lighting people!

The game looks like a contemporary piece of art, damn.

fabien-christin-fabienchristin-09.jpg?14

said-zamzad-zamzad-mec-portfolio-14.jpg?