Respawn Entertainment's - Titanfall

• Replies 580
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Lol, after shipping 4 cod games you develop a think skin. I think it's better to listen and take in the feedback rather then defend the game. If people have fun with it then great. If not, there a bun

I know it's old but I cant resist

[rant...because someone (not at mapcore) said Respawn was just ripping District 9 art style (or were they on about Hawken? There is no emoticon to express how I rolled my eyes. Oh :rolleyes: Anyway...]

Suppose Respawn does indeed go with a District 9 or whatever other vibe. What if it feels like almost dirty in how closely the art direction and some set pieces feel to previously released media, be it past films, TV or games? If the gameplay is good, if the visuals look good, if it all comes together well, then I think that "vibe" they go with is an excellent idea. Think about it. This is the same crew that took SPR and basically replicated some aspects of it (using the tech available at the time) into Medal of Honor. Rinse/repeat with Band of Brothers into Call of Duty. Those are good things, I say. They let me get a bit of essence of those movies/TV shows I loved in playable form. This is what they are experts at and what the entire Call of Duty brand was about. Even Treyarch figured it out with Black Ops. Crap all you want on where CoD is today, these guys took the idea of inspiration from other media and knocked it out of the fucking park.

I am PRAYING Respawn's 1st game reminds me of moments in or vibes of films that I've always wanted to play but never really was able to with a super high level of polish. That's so much of why we love AAA games. So fuck yeah, I cannot wait to see this thing up close. Hope it kicks ass.

[/end rant]

This doesn't look Distric 9-ish at all to me.

I see the mech of district 9 more like a suit than a mech...

TTMGKiG.jpg

If you look closer the mech in District 9 looks like an extension of the body whereas in Titanfall the mech seems to be much more like vehicle.

Source engine + Pc support = I'm interesting in !

What is clearly inspired from District 9, for the little they shared, is the narrative world were the game is set.

This doesn't look Distric 9-ish at all to me.

[...]

If you look closer the mech in District 9 looks like an extension of the body whereas in Titanfall the mech seems to be much more like vehicle.

I think it doesn't matter, if they say that themselves :D btw instead of a strict reproduction, as Thrik says, it's something more pertaining to the visual style (the gun is squary as those in District 9).

Of course their art director(s) are smart enough to differentiate and add their own unicity... that mech in the shot I posted reproduce a tank top hatch and conveys an older/inferior future tech compared to District 9.

But again, we've seen too little.

Looks very samey, feels like I've seen this before a thousand times :P

I guess it's because of the smoothness of the action is the same from any recent COD. Plus the creative movement from Crysis and Mirror's Edge...

I dunno how you guys are so unimpressed, personally it was rightfully chosen as the closing demo and something to look forward. Immediate and quick action, massive coreography... i'd pick a game like this any moment, instead of any modern warfare-themed shooter.

Edited by blackdog