FMPONE

De_cache WIP (new version)

sorry for picking up this thread again a year later, but I wonder what happened to that early version of cache with that cool "run down" look and those atmospheric fire places like you would see in a stalker game or something.

is there an article or an interview where you talk about the switch to the final cleaner look? I suppose it was ultimately because it was too dirty for the competitive scene...

I just wanted to say that I really dig that early look you had there, I just stumbled upon this and I was like wow this looked really cool why did it change so much?

sorry for picking up this thread again a year later, but I wonder what happened to that early version of cache with that cool "run down" look and those atmospheric fire places like you would see in a stalker game or something.

is there an article or an interview where you talk about the switch to the final cleaner look? I suppose it was ultimately because it was too dirty for the competitive scene...

I just wanted to say that I really dig that early look you had there, I just stumbled upon this and I was like wow this looked really cool why did it change so much?

Readability was a huge issue, and also it wasn't easy to get good results with that look everywhere, while it looked nice in some screenshots, it looked quite awful in others. The look didn't have as much legs as a theme in other words, the theme I went with carried over throughout the whole map much better

Readability was a huge issue, and also it wasn't easy to get good results with that look everywhere, while it looked nice in some screenshots, it looked quite awful in others. The look didn't have as much legs as a theme in other words, the theme I went with carried over throughout the whole map much better

thanks for the reply :)

the final look sure has a lot more readability, anyway really nice what you came up with even with all the limitations to creativity so gameplay doesn't change in a bad way.

you sure are an inspiration too keep working on map projects - or maybe not because I get frustrated seeing what you guys can do :D

I was actually thinking about remaking ted's de_lite for csgo some time ago but then I saw that he is actually already working on that so I stopped after I had like the basic walkable space done in the right scale