FMPONE

De_cache WIP (new version)

I am beginning to think FMPONE is not one guy, but a group of mappers toiling away in a lab to bring us great looking levels every few months. Seriously great output!

Regarding the modelling stuff. I am not sure the map really needs much more in that department. It has a clean and tidy, yet detailed look all round, while crucially, preserving the layout. Very closely it seems too.

I am sure an artist could help with a lot of things like 3d sky meshes perhaps, and some other bits, but it is not a map that I look at and say, "needs more meshes". To me, it looks like you have done what should be done. Took a clan map that was quite basic visually, and turned it into something impressive. All while maintaining all the key components required for competitive play.

I also like how a couple of the screens come across as bravely minimalistic - similar to a lot of professional maps, which avoid clutter and over the top detail in places that see a lot of combat.

Looks awesome. You always had it in you to make nice looking stuff. But i remember the old days when you struggled to finish anything. You have improved so much in that regard. Keep up the good work!

It looks brilliant just like all of your work, absolutely stunning! I'm just not honestly sure what it is, Chernobyl NPP has been teleported into an American Industrial Complex... ?!

It looks brilliant just like all of your work, absolutely stunning! I'm just not honestly sure what it is, Chernobyl NPP has been teleported into an American Industrial Complex... ?!

It'll be in Russia, but right now I don't have all the assets I need, so there's a lot of placeholder

and thanks for the feedback and kind words :)

Edited by FMPONE

Yeah that's what I thought tbh, so I didn't want to start saying "but that wouldn't be like that" for about 80 different things just yet ;) I have a load of photos of random signs and notices in Russian if you're interested, be happy to share them with you...

I know how dear Russia is to you D3 :P I'd definitely take a look at the signs, thank you, especially if I decide to make my own texs for this, which I think will try.

I want it to be a Chernobyl map but the idea of strict accuracy isn't what I'm going for. Although perhaps you will appreciate that the sarcophagus is the 2013 version with the new support system, not the old one with cranes.

Edited by FMPONE

Never really was a big fan of de_cache, specially of that B Bombsite, looks kind of boring and could use a new layout IMO, but dayum, that looks sweet! Keep it up man!

whats happening here ? Is it in the workshop ? cause it looks ready to test. maybe a beta soon

Hey there, still plugging away. The map is looking a little different these days. More to come before long.

You've got a good eye for detail FM, what's been you're biggest challenge so far whilst working on this?

Here's an interview Sal (Volcano) and I did with the GoShow, that might give some more insight into that stuff.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h2TdSVx2HKk&feature=youtu.be

also, RT the creator of Iceworld who posts here, got a shout out in the video!

You've got a good eye for detail FM, what's been you're biggest challenge so far whilst working on this?

Here's an interview Sal (Volcano) and I did with the GoShow, that might give some more insight into that stuff.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h2TdSVx2HKk&feature=youtu.be

also, RT the creator of Iceworld who posts here, got a shout out in the video!

HURG @ 3:00 <3

Really awesome interview! Always nice to listen to you Hurg people talking interesting dev stuff :)