De_cache WIP (new version)

47 posts in this topic

Posted

Really nice stuff

Posted

Kewl~

Posted

shiiit... nice stuff!! incredible improvement over the original visually. kinda reminds me of call of duty mw :D

Posted

Looks really good! Only screen 12 with the glass behind the glass is a bit of a strange design choice.

Posted

What to say if not "woa!".

I find the general look a bit too brownish; two small details:

* maybe it's just placeholder but... wooden planks floor for a storage room with containers? :? ( u7WPsIT.jpg)

* pillars are very unusual here ( odWPjpa.jpg) they "disturb" me; also the ceiling has something that looks wrong to me, I guess it's the "edge-to-edge" windowing that doesn't seem to play well with the rails running underneath. I'd just simplify.

Posted

Looks fantastic, man. You're on a roll!

Edit: I should add, you're also doing a great job of preserving the layout + maintaining what looks like should be excellent readability of characters, which super critical. Great choice of textures and lighting!

Posted

Insanely good!

How do you do that? What's the black magic? I'm in need for this dark sorcery.

More seriously, I'm always interested in the process. Any chances on sharing anything about your decisions to apply X art to Y environment/ which are the original assets vs. created by yourself/ etc.

I have a hard time on creating assets too, so it'd be great to know "how much it was possible to do on your project" taking that in consideration :)

⌐■_■ likes this

Posted

Dude this, this is amazing. I really love what you have done with the outdoor parts, its pretty much spot fucking on.

Bombsite B is kind of ugly though, Id give that room a reworking.

Posted (edited)

Insanely good!

More seriously, I'm always interested in the process. Any chances on sharing anything about your decisions to apply X art to Y environment/ which are the original assets vs. created by yourself/ etc.

I have a hard time on creating assets too, so it'd be great to know "how much it was possible to do on your project" taking that in consideration :)

i concur, would be very interesting to read indeed bth_monocle.gif

Edited by killertomato

Posted

Insanely good!

There is no magic. Just working your ass off 24/7

Posted

Rad!

Posted

This is good ! But I aggre, B is not that good. Looks unrealistic with the other shots.

Posted

I personally would love to see more deep reds in the environment. Maybe that's my inner Mirrors edge coming out though :D.

Nothing big of course, just small stuff like pipes here and there.

El Moroes likes this

Posted (edited)

I'm starting to like soft lighting from Soure Engine but the interiors look the same bright as the outdoors. I know it's multiplayer and visibility is very important but a bit darker indoors would be awesome. Would be? :)

Still it's amazing job, good luck with the release! :o

EDIT:

Oh, and the plants under the ceiling are a bit "no way" to me. If there's such a big plant there should be more light/hole to provide water/ground somewhere there. See:

tumblr_malsf14VtA1rwcvg2o1_1280.jpg

tumblr_malradmok41rwcvg2o1_1280.jpg

Edited by seir
kikette likes this