A Game of Thrones

Sprony

• Replies 525
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yepp, finished them as well. google for the preview chapters, he already released two chapters of the next book online
:)

What do you think happens to snow?

most people i asked about this agreed that there needs to be an explicit statement that he's dead. at the moment i think he's in limbo and will probably make a weird comeback through the wildlings

yepp, finished them as well. google for the preview chapters, he already released two chapters of the next book online :)

What do you think happens to snow?

most people i asked about this agreed that there needs to be an explicit statement that he's dead. at the moment i think he's in limbo and will probably make a weird comeback through the wildlings

A Dance with Dragons spoilers:

My money is on the red woman. Jon Snow was on watch until death. He died and is thus relieved of his Night's Watch duty, is revived by Melisandre, and plays into the prophecy somehow. Because, R+L=J, as we all know.

Edited by Chrillen

I think it's important to note that his wolf was acting strange before it happened and his death was foreseen by Melisandre. Also, the book clearly states that he didn't feel the last stab only the cold, before that, he shouted for his Wolf. I think he was already in his Wolf by then. Every Stark child (with the exception of Sansa and Rickon) has Warg capabilities but all of them were only triggered after traumatic experiences (Bran falling from the tower, Jon lost behind the Wall, Arya after the Red Wedding). Varamyr, the skinchanger said that he had great potential but the boy in him was fighting it. Master Aemon said something similar. I think it's an important point that Jon the boy dies and the man's reborn.

My money is on the red woman. Jon Snow was on watch until death. He died and is thus relieved of his Night's Watch duty, is revived by Melisandre, and plays into the prophecy somehow. Because, R+L=J, as we all know.

Yes, I don't believe for a second he's dead. The entire Wall story arch would lose it's POV character. It's a song of ice and fire. Martin will not leave the Wall behind. No he survives. Melisandre wanted to talk to him urgently before he died. I think the Wildlings will save him (it were only the stewards that attacked him) since they were already prepared to fight with him against the Boltons. Melisandre will play a part no doubt, but how I don't know. Perhaps the queen is behind it as well. We don't know. Anyway, I agree that he must die to leave his vows behind. He's too much like Ed, all honor. We all wish R+L=J and it has been hinted at a lot by Martin but you never know for sure, especially with Martin. I didn't see this plot twist coming, not by a long shot.

I think it's important to note that his wolf was acting strange before it happened and his death was foreseen by Melisandre. Also, the book clearly states that he didn't feel the last stab only the cold, before that, he shouted for his Wolf. I think he was already in his Wolf by then. Every Stark child (with the exception of Sansa and Rickon) has Warg capabilities but all of them were only triggered after traumatic experiences (Bran falling from the tower, Jon lost behind the Wall, Arya after the Red Wedding). Varamyr, the skinchanger said that he had great potential but the boy in him was fighting it. Master Aemon said something similar. I think it's an important point that Jon the boy dies and the man's reborn.

Yes, I don't believe for a second he's dead. The entire Wall story arch would lose it's POV character. It's a song of ice and fire. Martin will not leave the Wall behind. No he survives. Melisandre wanted to talk to him urgently before he died. I think the Wildlings will save him (it were only the stewards that attacked him) since they were already prepared to fight with him against the Boltons. Melisandre will play a part no doubt, but how I don't know. Perhaps the queen is behind it as well. We don't know. Anyway, I agree that he must die to leave his vows behind. He's too much like Ed, all honor. We all wish R+L=J and it has been hinted at a lot by Martin but you never know for sure, especially with Martin. I didn't see this plot twist coming, not by a long shot.

stupid question but what is r+l? neds sister and the dragon dude?

stupid question but what is r+l? neds sister and the dragon dude?

Yeah

Just finished the last book. It ended which such an cliffhanger that I spent 2 hours online looking at different theories regarding what happened. If anyone here has read them all (the books) I would sure like to talk possible theories.

I really like the subreddit over at http://www.reddit.com/r/asoiaf for theory discussion. They really dig deep sometimes, but its still fun :)

Just finished the last book. It ended which such an cliffhanger that I spent 2 hours online looking at different theories regarding what happened. If anyone here has read them all (the books) I would sure like to talk possible theories.

I really like the subreddit over at http://www.reddit.com/r/asoiaf for theory discussion. They really dig deep sometimes, but its still fun :)

Super tinfoil-ey theories some of them. Ajorah Azai and Bolt On, especially. The great thing is that they all seem plausible to some degree, from the sheer amount of hints dropped throughout the series by Gurm, so much that its difficult to predict which ones are going to be even remotely true.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...