Sprony

A Game of Thrones

Am I completely INSANE? I tried watching the first episode of this and found it to be really horrible... like the worst 

should I keep going or is this just not for me?

The first few episodes are a bit slow and convoluted but it gets a lot better. That's always the case with Game of Thrones, nothing really major happens in the first episodes of a new season but then it gets super epic towards the end. The good episodes make up for the shitty ones.

I disagree about the acting though, this is one of those rare series that I actually care about the characters and it's mostly thanks to the actors and to the writing. No character is completely 1 sided, they all evolve and change throughout the seasons and that's what make them interesting imo :)

About the sex and tits, as much as I love seeing hot naked ladies with wobbly boobs on the tv, if it wasn't in show I wouldn't miss it. In fact I was kind of glad there was less of it in Season 3 because it does often get in the way of the plot as per Dux's examples. I too also felt cheated with Jamie and Cersei's reunion.

The only naked scenes that made sense or were actually "good" was the first brothel scene in season 1 with ned, petyr and jory, where jory kept starting at one of the topless prostitutes. It was 5 seconds and that was perfect. The other scene was with podrik (but this never happened in the book, as in the book podrick is 12-13)

Am I completely INSANE? I tried watching the first episode of this and found it to be really horrible... like the worst 

should I keep going or is this just not for me?

I couldn't get into the series either... I think most of those types of series drag out took long per episode, and the slow pacing makes me bored/sleepy.