Sprony

A Game of Thrones

It takes a bit to get going and to start liking characters. Keep going, you won't regret it, unless you dislike medieval themes, fantasy and lots of murder and sex.

Am I completely INSANE? I tried watching the first episode of this and found it to be really horrible... like the worst 

should I keep going or is this just not for me?

Keep going.

Am I completely INSANE? I tried watching the first episode of this and found it to be really horrible... like the worst 

should I keep going or is this just not for me?

Perhaps it would help saying what exactly you hated? :P

Well, I felt the acting was pretty cheesey frankly. But I'm going to go back and give it another shot. It was really up it's own ass fantasy (i mean what did i expect) for a bit, which is fine... call me Lord Serious of the House of Not Giving a Shit about the Lore... maybe not my cup of tea... but i'm gonna give it another shot.

edit: alright so to really review the first episode: the first half is like dog shit. it's terrible. i'm sorry. nothing interesting happens except some character nobody gives a shit about and is obviously expendable gets killed. I care why? fail.... the second half it gets good, but they really use boobs as a lame crutch to keep people focused when the scenes get plodding and dull. it's like yeah lets throw some more boobs into a completely uninteresting bit of exposition. the part at the end of the first episode was good enough that i'll keep watching, though.

final verdict: the girl that plays the evil queen is the hottest chick in the show.

Edited by FMPONE

The first couple of episodes introduce all the characters that appear throughout the series. There's a lot to the story, what with all the different relations between all the different houses and stuff, so give it a chance. It gets a lot better. You'll be gripped soon!

Edit - I really don't find Cersei that attractive. Ned Stark is the best looking character in the show. God damn, he is hot.

Edited by PogoP

Daenerys is the hottest character, easily. I don't find Cersei that attractive either personally.

But yes, loads of boobs, it's great.

Also to add: The scenes in the book are a lot more explicit than what we get in the show (obviously) and several of the scenes aren't even in the book. I.E Theon with the prostitute Ros. I personally don't care for these as they get in the way of what little running time is available to explain what is actually happening. All the time with girls dancing around with their tits out could be put towards actually incorporating more of the story as there is so much left out that I believe could be included if it weren't for these tittie scenes. Don't get me wrong, tits and naked girls are great, but not when they are overused and take up too much time when time is at a premium - this is what really pissed me off about Season 3. For an example: when Jamie returns to Kings Landing you see him for about 5 seconds looking at Cersei and that's it. But there was a load of screen item given to girls getting their tits out and for an ending we get Danni spinning around like a dope. The season ending should of been with Cersei and Jamie.

Edited by dux

Also to add: The scenes in the book are a lot more explicit than what we get in the show (obviously) and several of the scenes aren't even in the book. I.E Theon with the prostitute Ros. I personally don't care for these as they get in the way of what little running time is available to explain what is actually happening. All the time with girls dancing around with their tits out could be put towards actually incorporating more of the story as there is so much left out that I believe could be included if it weren't for these tittie scenes. Don't get me wrong, tits and naked girls are great, but not when they are overused and take up too much time when time is at a premium - this is what really pissed me off about Season 3. For an example: when Jamie returns to Kings Landing you see him for about 5 seconds looking at Cersei and that's it. But there was a load of screen item given to girls getting their tits out and for an ending we get Danni spinning around like a dope. The season ending should of been with Cersei and Jamie.

And also, when Jamie returns,

I believe shit has gone DOWN in king's landing... And Joffrey has been killed by the queen of thorns or whatever her name is

I'm interested to see what the TV show does with book 4, with all the new characters. I bet they'll twist things around a lot so the current characters get a lot more air time.

Well to the people who never saw the red wedding coming (i.e dumb people who can't put 2 and 2 together), they're gonna love one of the deaths in season 4.

Hur hur hur hureueoioioeiheoheuhoehoe.

Edited by dux