Sprony

A Game of Thrones

At work we are doing a pot with our top 5 predictions for the final season.

Mines are:

Spoiler

1. All Starks die
2. Jaime kills Cersei
3. Bran fucks someone's past again
4. The wolves returns to the Starks
5. The Hound and The Mountain brawl, and The Hound wins

On 4/15/2019 at 10:04 AM, blackdog said:

At work we are doing a pot with our top 5 predictions for the final season.

Mines are:

Reveal hidden contents

1. All Starks die
2. Jaime kills Cersei
3. Bran fucks someone's past again
4. The wolves returns to the Starks
5. The Hound and The Mountain brawl, and The Hound wins

Spoiler

In the books lady stoneheart had appeared by now...sigh...not going to happen I guess.

This season has been absolute hot trash. 2 years of waiting - only for them to run it into the ground like this, what a disappointment. I will watch the last few episodes just out of morbid curiosity. Like looking at a car crash.

Words just escape me really. Just how. How in the fuck have they managed to fuck up this badly. 7 seasons of "Winter is Coming" and in an hour it's "Oh nevermind, Winter's gone now lol Arya stabbed it really easily haha." What was the point in even resurrecting Jon? They've made him completely pointless. He was supposed to be the one. And do you know what Dick and Dickhead said? "That'd be too obvious." TOO OBVIOUS!? IT'S BEEN THE WHOLE FUCKING POINT ARE YOU KIDDING ME! So all they had him do was run around and scream at a dragon! Don't even get me started on the battle tactics they used - WHAT. THE. FUCK. And the PLOT ARMOUR! GoT is about characters dying and fantastic dialogue, not being protected by terrible writing and Tyrion turning into this caricature of himself.  But just like the Simpsons originally set out to parody the mainstream, it too ended up becoming a parody of itself and GoT has done the exact same. Tell me how you have 200,000 undead standing ontop of you and practically NOONE DIES. Some minor B characters that no one gives two fucks about, but everyone who's popular get's out fine with a few bruises? That was it? That was what 7 whole seasons had been building to? Go fuck yourselves David Benioff, D. B. Weiss - now that you don't have Martin to prop you up anymore it really shows how hacky you two are. Absolute trash.

Oh I know, we don't have a fucking fleet to even dent the Iron Fleet so let's sail down to fucking Dragonstone that's a great idea oh my god we are so smart aren't we? Yes we are look at how smart the writers make us look now. OH WHAT'S THAT?! IT'S THE HOT TOPIC PIRATE! OUTTA NOWHERE WITH HIS SKYRIM FAST TRAVEL! Oh hello what's that again?! A fucking giant harpoon straight outta nowhere too! Of course! Because we are trash writers who have no better way of doing this. How could Danni not see this?! Oh because clouds of course! Yes! Fantastic idea!

Oh what's this?! Let's fucking stand infront of the most ruthless woman in the Seven Fucking Kingdoms with 1000000000 arrows and ballistas pointing at us. Stand infront of the same mental case who blew up the Sept of Balor with thousands of people in it for the lulz. Yes fantastic! She won't just shoot us full of fucking arrows at all because she isn't the Daughter of Tywin FUCKING LANISTER! The man who orchestrated the RED FUCKING WEDDING. No! No, that wouldn't make sense of her character at all now would it? So let's all just stand around and completely go against how characters have actually been written and built up through 7 seasons.

I am a huge GoT fan and this season has really, really, disappointed me in every way imaginable. Upset would be an understatement.

Fuck.

This.

Season.

Also Bran is useless he does absolutely nothing at all ever. Jon just giving up Ghost like that was completely rubbish. All they have been through and all he did was nod at him? Fuck off. And all the forced conflict is just beyond me. This is fanfiction. Terrible fanfiction.

The only good part I wanted to see as well and THEY CUT. FUCKING CUT AWAY! When the last remaining starks are gathered in the Godswood and Jon tells Bran to tell them. I wanted to see their reactions to this because GoT USED TO BE ABOUT FUCKING CHARACTERS AND TALKING AND REACTIONS TO THEM. But no! Let's cut away because we are  David Benioff and D. B. Weiss and we are amazing writers!

FlipTable.jpg

What @dux said.

This season has been a massive let down. After the initial excitement of a new episode is gone and I think about what happened I'm just left facepalming. I wish the books were finished so D&D could have just copied what was in them and given us an awesome TV series to go with the books.

On the big things mentioned above I have been very disappointed, but I’m somewhat not as angry and I dunno why. Maybe watching TWD has numbed me down.

For as bad as certain aspects are, I keep thinking that at least feels better than last season, when they were globetrotting and basically time travelling around to speed up things the way they did. At least now everything is following a (somewhat) logical sequence.

I think the only thing that was really tilting me was the Last of the Starks gathering and not seeing Sansa’s reaction. (Same we haven’t seen her then discuss with Tyrion.) Also I get really annoyed that the characters have started to address Daenarys as “Danny”, that never happened before and seems just fan-service to follow the memes.

Im not sour at all that Jon not only knows nothing, but also does nothing. Yes he’s been always referred to as The One, but the show never developed him as such. His character never fucking learns anything, he keeps doing the same mistakes, and he doesn’t as well do anything really heroic*. But in this it’s at least a constant, I don’t like it, but at least I can explain it by seeing Jon as “too good at heart” and that’s why he keeps hammering his own testicles.

*The highest moment he had was the Battle of the Bastards.

Edited by blackdog

Gota be honest though, A Dance with Dragons was not a good book. The decline of the show is consistent with the decline of the books.