Sprony

A Game of Thrones

Surely there are fans here? Didn't find a previous topic so I started this one.

Because of the series I also started with the books. I've just finished a part in book 3 where I think this season will end. I've read a lot of books but never have I read so many pages so fast with goosebumps all over. I feel emotionally drained. Now that's great writing. Not going to spoiler anything but I'll leave you with this song (the text comes directly from the book) as a hint. Good luck this season!

Edited by SpronyvanJohnson

I think people just post about it in the "Currently Watching" thread. I think everyone loves this TV series to be honest :P

I found these videos really informative with some good history on each family you might not know from just watching the TV series. Only has spoilers from Series 1 and 2

A masturbate to it on a regular basis with everyone else in mapcore while in the same room together.

Edited by dux

I think people just post about it in the "Currently Watching" thread. I think everyone loves this TV series to be honest :P

Yeah, but let's honest, this deserves it's own topic now doesn't it?

Great find btw.

Aye, my favorite running series after Breaking Bad.

Just gets better and better, absolutely loving season 3~~

I love it, I was a bit late getting into it compared to some but I've corrected that mistake. Holding out on watching any of Season 3 till it's finished, I'm hardcore yo.

I'm reading the books during my commute to work, and I'm addicted. I don't even care about being a book nerd on the train, these books are fucking awesome. On book 2 atm, about halfway through. I just want to get up to the current season, but a lot of stuff happens in the books that is never even mentioned in the show, and a lot of things happen quite differently too.

I just found out yesterday that there's even a comic series now;

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/A_Game_of_Thrones_%28comics%29

Not a fan of that artwork though, Rob Liefeld style does not work for GOT.

I'm reading the books during my commute to work, and I'm addicted. I don't even care about being a book nerd on the train, these books are fucking awesome. On book 2 atm, about halfway through. I just want to get up to the current season, but a lot of stuff happens in the books that is never even mentioned in the show, and a lot of things happen quite differently too.

Well, then you are in for a treat. The first season was pretty faithful adaption of the book but season 2 already deviated quite a bit. Book 3 however is nothing like the TV show. Sure, major things correspond but most in between is quite different. I prefer the books because it gives far more depth. But I understand you have to cut and comprise to get everything within a budget of a TV show.

The only thing that bothers me is that I only have friend who's finished all the books. No one else is reading so there all stuck on the show. So little people to talk to about all the amazing things that are happening. Frustrating.

Edited by SpronyvanJohnson

God damn I'm re-watching GoT with my girlfriend because she saw one episode of season 3 and was hooked... so now I can't watch the last 2 episodes of this season until she's caught up. ARRRRRRGH THE WAITING IS KILLING ME!

Apparently it's a pretty epic ending to the season.. Hmmmm.

I'm on book 3 now, about 5/6 chapters in, and it is SO. GOOD. Better than the show in a way, because everything is in a lot more detail. But the TV show does a great job of condensing it down and is very entertaining to watch.

Don't read unless you've read up to book 3.

It's weird that they didn't include the bits with Roose Bolton's bastard and Harrenhal, that is completely different in the show. Arya is Bolton's steward or whatever, rather than Tywin Lannisters.