Puddy

MapCore CS:GO Playtesting 3.0

DE_Highlands

I like the changes you made, the gate that you cant look through anymore and the removal of the ramp for CTs, this should make it more enjoyable. Also, the radio is just great. Looking forward to playtest it again without the unfortunate placement of a few T spawns.

DE_Crown

Most of the changes you made were pretty nice, like the vent at B and the solo-boost into A window. But what I didnt really like were the very loud squeaky door and the visually pointless vent to A.

I generally felt that the squeaky didn't really fit to the style of the map with it's wide corridors and double doors. A wrong solution in my eyes.

A Vent has to be presented in another way, the way it looks now makes no sense. http://i.imgur.com/aK7sz6P.png

I would really like to read what thoughts the others have about the changes.

de_highlands

Too bad some spawns weren't functional, but I do like that the gate is solid now. Makes the areas on both sides a lot less "I-can-get-shot-from-all-angles"-risky ;)

de_crown

Can't really comment on the changes as I have only played the previous version offline with bots. I do agree with 'RZL that A vent wouldn't make common sense in a real environment: a stairway leading to a hole in the wall :)

Giving the stairs a real purpose by adding a prop door somewhere would solve this off course.

If there's one thing I could mention now it's that a few spots were a bit harder to spot ennemies in (mainly CTs). It's not a huge thing, but I'm bringing this up as the map is build for competitive play. I'll take some pictures of this soon for clarification.

@ RZL: the squeaky door apparantly is a bug, so I guess that'll be fixed (unless you didn't just mean the door was audible in the whole map, but just that it's generally too loud in the nearby area).

Someone ask for the radar of Highlands so there it is :

t-Radar532f512f0015d52b.jpg

Also thanks for the playtest, it's was really fun.

I really love castle (fun that I'm watching the TV show right now :D)  just need a lot of clip on stairs and rocks and maybe wheck some fade distance, particullary some bushes. You are able to see people that are thinking they are hidden behind D:.

Good job and congrats for the next operation :D (supposition but still)

Edited by 3Dnj

castle is great. only issue was some clipping on rocks and stairs, and the contrast of the players and environment.

highlands still seems very hard to get to a plant, CTs don't need to rotate much for the bombsites, this means if a bombsite is under attack you can immediately rotate before Ts break through and plant. The only way to plant is with a rush because of that. But it is very hard to rush the chokes.

left route could use another option without breaking the choke, maybe something like this:

BHf6qGx.jpg

the other route doesn't necessarily need something but maybe a very small open route to get up to B without crossing the bridge like a cliff path:

Tro9myr.jpg

de_castle

Looks awesome and really fun too. Definately needs a clipping pass: small rocks, stairs and I sometimes got stuck on props in general.

Here's the grey SAS model I mentioned. Don't know if'll improve players' contrast enough, but it's worth a shot.

grey_sas_model.jpg

de_highlands

I still think Ts should travel a bit longer through mid. They can sit there ready and cover the door where CTs show up if they take the stairs. Either make Ts arrive a bit later or block that sight of line somehow, so they can get out leave the building without being visible from Ts entry point.

B needs easier access, Vilham's idea is interesting (shorter route, but you have to navigate through the lower level which makes you more vulnerable), but maybe make it lead to the ramp instead of straight to the bombspot.

de_highlands_angle.jpg

the other route doesn't necessarily need something but maybe a very small open route to get up to B without crossing the bridge like a cliff path:

Tro9myr.jpg

I really like the idea of the second path, would look pretty neat!

Edited by 'RZL